Add Reply

fellow soldiers, bao's crew

Who is that girl I see, staring straight, back at me?

Lily
Oct 27 2017, 08:37 PM / Post #: 36844 Quote

Li Shang
Li Shang is in a bit over his head with this unit. He is far too young to be a captain but yet here he stands. His father was a great general of Solhara and his son was thrust into the position he is now with the theory he will either fail horribly or rise to the occasion and thrive. He hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet; but he's somewhere in the middle. His test was to lead the group of recruits to go to Solhara. They were the ones most likely to fail as Fortunately he has four soldiers that seem to know what they are doing and he uses them a lot to get the trainings done. Unlike in the original Disney movie I am not looking for a romance plot with them as he is not aware of Bao's secret and xe would rather keep it that way.

35 years old
military captain
Godfrey Gao
caerleon
Last Name Yao
words go here

late 20's early 30's
elite soldier
open face (asian a must)
caerleon
Wu Ling
words go here

mid 20's early 30's
elite soldier
open face (asian a must)
potential for Bao
caerleon
Last Name Chien-Po
words go here

mid 20's early 30's
elite soldier
open face (asian a must)
caerleon
Kahn & Mushu
Kahn was a skinwalker in service to the Fa family in Solhara for some reason that you may come up with. When Mulan first stared to learn to fight with swords and other weapons Kahn was the one to train xir and when xe was 25 and the Blight broke out and Fa Zhou was conscripted to join the military Kahn and Mushu were the two to help Mulan come up with the plan to join the army in his place and change xir name to Bao. He went with xir as xir mount while Mushu went along to give advice. Mushu is a dragon faemiliar from Allutheria who has hidden away with the Fa Family for as long as the family can remember. As Faemiliars can live to be 1000 without aid of their Master/Mistress Mushu is near the end of his life. He is coming along to help Bao with this last journey before he dies. He does not have much power left so he usually stays in his dragon form and hides away.

50's || mid to late 900's
trainer/soldier || mentor
open faces (asian a must)
horse skinwalker || faemiliar
caerleon

Draken

Apr 4 2018, 08:38 AM / Post #: 37854 Quote

Hello there,

I have an idea for Shang, but it sort of strays from the Disney-portrayal "a little" (I mean I LOVE the Disney version, don't get me wrong, but if we're twisting characters here, I'd love to twist a little more...), and it strays from your age preset, so I would like to tell you about it and give you a chance to tell me if you hate it beforehand.

I'd like to play a Shang who is very, very young still. Not in his mid 30s, but in his early to mid 20s, which would make him the baby of the group. I would also like to make him a little bit less "buff", more of a bookish character actually. Soft-hearted and "weak", at least on a first glance, but he'll have some courage of his own, even though he's rather soft-spoken and loves poetry far more than swordplay ("You must be swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a rising fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon" - that could be a poem written by this guy in order to work through the intense pressure he has had to endure from his dad throughout his life. So it's not inspirational, it's actually sarcastic because NO ONE can live up to that hype. Especially not him, because he struggles to keep up with classical expectations towards his manhood etc.

Why did this wimp get a command? Well, it's like you wrote: A trial by fire. Either he crashes and burns, or he finally proves himself a man and "brings honour to us all". There are some obvious parallels to Mulan's story here that I don't think I need to explain.

As I said, I realize that he is not at all like the Mulan-Disney-version of this character but I'd love to play him and let him grow as a leader of a group of rough tough soldiers, trying to find his way in the world. If you don't like this portrayal, though, that's fine. Really. I'd rather everyone is happy and knows what they're getting into beforehand, and I love this board already. If I'm not staying for Shang, I'll find another character to play. So no pressure towards you at all, just tell me what you think. I hope you like the idea though because I think we could have tons of fun with Mulan and Shang as clashing opposites who grow into besties!

Have a great day, Draken

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.