Add Reply
New Poll

Audience with the Dragon, Morgana, Melusina

It's alright... you can't know what I know. But you'll see, sooner or later... You'll see I was right.

Morgana LeFay
Jun 10 2017, 01:36 PM Quote

Such a lovely
monster
Morgana was still deciding what to make of Fynnon. The capital of Xehacora had its perks certainly, its relative lack of flesh-eating monsters certainly being a point in its favor, but there wasn't very much in the way of threat to her from most of them anyway. At least, not so long as she had such close connections to the one who held the key to the Blight in the first place. But even so, they were stupid creatures by and large. For someone as gifted with magic as she was, it would take a serious misstep for her to fall victim to their ravening hunger.

Morgana was not a woman who was prone to those sorts of mistakes.

That being said, while there were perks to remaining in Xehacora's relative safety, there was also little she could do in terms of pursuing her goals in this place. For that, she would have to venture back out into the world. But that didn't mean there was nothing to do here. There were, at the very least, a handful of people she still wanted to meet. One in particular was at the top of her list.

She took her time tracking the dragon down, using it as an opportunity to better learn the layout of the castle. Eventually though she did come across her... Well, she could never properly use the word prey in this sort of context, now could she? Morgana made almost no sound as she entered, perhaps a rustle of the simple, dark green dress she wore would announce her - though it was likely the dragon would smell her before anything else. That being the case, Morgana waited a moment for Melusina to acknowledge her before she dropped her head and curtsied, rising back up with a broad smile on her lips.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you... Until now I had heard only stories. My name is Morgana. I hope you do not mind, but before I left Fynnon, I couldn't help but come to see the dragoness herself..."

| tag: The Boogeyman |

-------------

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Jun 14 2017, 12:06 AM Quote

I am fire. I am death.

Eyes closed as she let her mind drift. She saw her son. A perfect, dark haired boy with bright blue eyes. He looked like his father, a spitting image of glory. He was the perfect heir to the dragon throne and they would have taken this world for him. But then she saw him slain. His lifeless little boy, broken and bloodied, held by Maleficent as she hissed the name of the one who had taken his life ”Pendragon”. Melusina had never known rage such as she did that day, nor sorrow, nor pain, but her prince held her tight and vowed they would avenge their son’s death.

Now she sat alone, without him by her side. He had chosen a different path in life. Her name would yield no title to him, nor signifigance without the death of her father, Dagon. He had shunned her and taken the hand of another… and Melusina was cast aside once more. But not by all. Maleficent had extended her hand to her ward, for she knew the potential that laid beneath soft flesh and mere bone. There was a monster below the surface and the queen would release it. Darkfyrr would rise again.

Thunder clapped outside the window and lightening struck, but that was not what caused the dragon’s eyes to flicker. There was a scent upon the air she did not know. It was unlike any she’d breathed before, like the fresh scent of rain upon Autumn’s leaves, or the slightest hint of cinnamon, the faintest twinge of a smoky harthe on a chilly night. Teeth clenched together as the disguised dragon turned to look upon the intruder.

She was pleasantly surprised, however, at the figure before her. Quiet, petite, dressed in a wonderful cascade of green… Melusina raised a brow as her company gave her a curtsy and a smile. There was a crackle about her aura that sparked an energy within the monster. This was no mere lady of the court that had waltz, unafraid, into her chambers, no… she was something else. After her name was produced and her intent settled, Melusina’s eyes narrowed.

How did she know that?

Cold, blue eyes stared motionless for a moment, silence between them as if the dragon was deciding if she should devour or delve into conversation with her newest aquiantance. Slowly she stood, her own dress was a crimson color, the most delicate fabric stitched together and embroidered with the crest of the dragon – for the Marillac’s of course. She was, after all, their ‘keep’.

And what business do you have in Fynnon, Lady Morgana?” she said, stifling a growl. It was not the company that gruffed her so, it was circumstance. The thoughts of her former lover still brooded over her poor heart. She knew she should deny the existence of dragons, then again, it would no be long before the world knew. And, tell me, am I what you expected? Do your stories paint my portrait properly?” She couldn’t help herself, arrogant thing that she was, to invest a bit in the interests of those who reveled in the idea of a dragon. She was the last one left, the last of Dagon’s line.

She had a feeling Morgana would be disappointed. After all, she had no appearance of a monster in the slightest, not in this form, but perhaps, if she played her cards right, she might yet see the glorious, yet terrifying, beast within.

tag: Morgana! | words: cautious | notes: brave little princess, smart too...
robb stark

It's alright... you can't know what I know. But you'll see, sooner or later... You'll see I was right.

Morgana LeFay
Jul 2 2017, 06:00 PM Quote

Such a lovely
monster
Morgana kept her eyes on the dragon. She doubted she would be assaulted here, in this place, without some considerable prompting, but there was always the chance that Melusina would not think an intruder worthy of hospitality, and come after her in truth. If that were the case she would need to have a great deal of magic ready to bring to bear if she intended to survive... she never entered a situation like this without being at least moderately prepared.

After all. One did not trifle with dragons lightly. That was one of many certain ways to get yourself killed in this world. Morgana had no reason at all to doubt her history texts on this matter.

"I wished to see what had become of this place... and I believe that Queen Malificent and I share certain general goals. Or at the very least, my goals are compatible with hers. I admit, mine are somewhat more specific. But it seemed wisest to meet with one's potential allies, especially when I believe I may yet be of help."

She noticed the flicker in the dragon's eyes earlier, when she stated what she knew, and the sorceress' smile widened, just a touch. "No need to worry about the secret of your birth. I make it my business to know secrets, not to share them."

When the dragon spoke her question aloud, Morgana took a few steps toward her, spreading her hands wide. "To the eye, you are lovelier than you are fearsome. But the eye is a deceptive organ, whatever generations of foolish human philosophers might have said on the subject. I can only sense the tip of what lies beneath, and I confess... it's enough to send a shiver down my spine. The terror that lies beneath your lovely exterior." She flashed a bright smile as she said it, but not so wide as to be patronizing. Of course she meant to flatter the dragon... but not to patronize her, or treat her like an idiot.

"I came to you because I understand that, like me, you might have a... narrower goal than the one Malificent pursues. One related to a certain King and Queen who fancy themselves more powerful than they truly are."

-------------

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Jul 24 2017, 01:15 PM Quote

I am fire. I am death.

Her eyes remained fixed on the sorceress before her. She had heard that there was someone here in her castle, someone powerful. They said she was a sorceress of unmatched abilty and it had to be true, why else would Maleficent welcome someone into her home. She listened though, to every word that was spoken to her. Hidden meanings behind words were hard to detect, but sometimes, if you picked them up, it was far more valuable that the word itself.

The sorceress spoke of what she knew to lie beneath the pale flesh. So, she knew all too well the beast that was beneath her. Morgana crept closer to her, arms spread open wide, a universal sign of peaceful intent, and the dragon accepted it. Why would she not? To have a lovely creature draw near to her and speak such truths about her. It warmed her blood inside.

However, her mood shifted when Morgana spoke of the Pendragon’s. There was no one the dragon detested more than the self proclaimed ‘High Court’. They took her greatest treasure from her and she intended to make them suffer. There was only one problem … and Melusina had not figured out how to cross that bridge just yet. Her lip curled back in disgust as she thought of them and her tone was nearly a growl, “They are nothing to me. Human’s who hide behind the illusion of righteousness and merit. They are sheep at my feet and they will know the pain I have felt while they watch their cities burn into madness, and the chaos that my fire brings. Everything they love will be ashes and they will not be allowed to atone for their crimes against me.”

She looked over the sorceress once more and then acknowledged that they might still have business together. Are you the one they call the Dark One, Child of the Fallen?” she had heard the rumors that this might be the true Dark One, not some cheap imitation that would crumble beneath her weight. For only one so worthy might stand by my side”

robb stark

Morgana LeFay
Aug 6 2017, 02:44 PM Quote

Such a lovely
monster
Morgana thought for a few seconds at what the dragon said. Her eyes were sharp and thoughtful, as they always were. She had made a gamble here that the dragon would not be too enraged by what she said, and so far it seemed to be paying off. She was glad that, however white hot Melusina's rage, she was not flying off the handle... if she was, Caerleon would already be aflame, she imagined. But then, Melusina might also be dead. There was magic on the other side as well... and you never knew.

"I see... As someone who I think feels similarly, I would think they are something other than nothing. One does not have hatred for nothing." She smiled faintly. "They are very imporant to me, you see. I will take great care with their fates... great care to see that they suffer the destruction of all that they love, and see all that they have worked for burned away. I would be pleased if it were your fire that did the burning. And it would be my great pleasure to aid you in that pursuit."

At the question, Morgana dropped into another curtsey. "I am. At least to some. To others I am a simple court witch... though those have always been the dim ones. For decades I was the power behind the throne, before Arthur and his bride cast me out. They sit atop the throne I built, the nation I assembled, and think to expel me. I spent many years restraining my rage. But what I realize now is that what I built once, I can build again. And I know better than anyone how to tear it apart."

She rose back up, beaming at the dragoness. "I would like nothing beter than to stand at your side."

-------------

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Sep 4 2017, 10:15 PM Quote

I am fire. I am death.

Her lip curled back in a sneer as it sounded like Morgana would defend the Pendragons. How dare they call themselves that. The five dragons. There was not one among them worthy to see a dragon let alone embrace the name. She kept her disdain to herself though and allowed Morgana to finish her thoughts.

But as the conversation shifted, so did the tone. It appeared Melusina was not the only one the Pendragon’s had shamelessly cast aside in their attempt to take power. Arthur may hold the title of High King… but he was not invincible. He had many weaknesses, so many secrets he wished to keep hidden. He had murdered a child to proclaim himself a dragon slayer. He had cast out the one who had helped him place the crown upon his head because she knew far too much.

Morgana was valuable in this regard. To cast her aside would be foolish, but to embrace her fully would be unwise. This was the Child of the Fallen, and she possessed his magic. Melusina had not witnessed her power but she felt something crackle inside her when she looked over the sorceress. Magic meets magic like two waves crashing. The dragon was drawn to her like a moth to flame and now that she knew her worth, she could not let her walk away so easily.

There was only one more obstacle that would lay in her path. One more test poor Morgana must take before she was invited to walk along side the dragon. Animals often smelled those who approached them. They searched for every stint of information they could find. Melusina would do the same, but verbally. She could seek out whom she considered worthy by a few questions.

And the claim to the Xerahora crown, she said slyly, cutting her eyes dangerously to look out the window at the vast horizon, Do you support my elder brother’s claim to it? The heir of the king? tricky question. Mel had never openly cast shadows towards her eldest brother… but there was no need to yet. He was a human body, wrapped in flesh and bone, to rid herself of before she sat upon the chair. It was also no secret that she had a twin brother, a younger twin, but still a male child. They were nothing alike, but she tried to surpress that knowledge in public as well.

And if something should befall my eldest brother, she paused a moment, thinking, then contiued, " something tragic… would you support the rightful heir or the one named to the crown? This was tricky business. The rightful heir was she, as the elder twin and next in line. Melsina was named heir by her mother, but it was her stepfather who had dubbed Percy the next in line. She was skipped over because she was female, and because he saw her shame in producing a child out of wedlock. She waited patiently for the sorceress to make her next move.

robb stark

Morgana LeFay
Oct 5 2017, 06:16 PM Quote

Such a lovely
monster
Morgana smiled in a way that was almost placid as she watched the dragon. It was a talent she'd honed over the years, to be furiously contemplative while seeming as casual, even vapid as one could wish. She had stood underestimated in Uther's court for decades, and none had ever suspected just how dangerous she was until she ended them. It was all about manipulation and perception... and she had been practicing that since she was barely able to stand. After all, her father had never allowed her what others would consider a normal childhood. Not even the usual sense of an abusive or harsh father. He hadn't been purely abusive, but he had always been testing... always pushing her. And there had never been a safety net when she failed. It was a fortunate thing, certainly, that she had developed magic to heal her scars.

When Melusina asked her question though, Morgana arced a slender brow. "Ah, now that is a curious question..." she purred. "You see, I try not to form opinions about such things too early. I could answer how I think you want, but I find the notion of lying to a dragon to be a dangerous one, so let me tell you what I truly think."

She stepped slowly closer as she spoke, and by the time she finished she would be standing before the dragoness, plenty close enough to touch, looking into her eyes unflinchingly as she spoke. "I think it is foolishness to bestow any crown on anyone based on who fucked to produce them." Her tone was as light and pleasant as before to a certain extent, but there was also an edge to her words, something hungry. "People get very hung up on who deserves what, just based on things like birthright or loyalty. I think this world is a savage place, and most humans simply lie to themselves about that fact. I think in this world, all anyone truly has is that which they have the power to take for themselves, whether by strength or by guile."

"So if I were to answer your original question, Melusina, I would ask you this. Are you the strongest of those who might take the throne? And then you might ask something of yourself... How much stronger might you be, if you had me at your side? I think there is much I could offer you. And I know I have no better chance at taking what I want than I will by staying with you."

-------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.