Add Reply
New Poll

Shadows and the sword, for Bao

Fox
Jul 17 2017, 10:09 PM Quote

Stopping at the small alter to her in one end of the infirmary, Sabel blew gently on the incense in the bowl of ashes. It sent up a sweet smelling smoke and made her smile, one of her priests made sure that sticks of her favorite scents were supplied to any place that asked for them. This one was a rare scent it had a pretty vanilla scent and was expensive. She wondered who lit it, who thought they or some one who they loved would need to bribe Death with pretty things. The perishables on her alter had been freshly renewed and not with the normal things her priests used. Looking back over her shoulder Sabel scanned the room but no one needed her right then, she didn't really need to look it just made her feel better. Perhaps it was for someone who had already died. But those were usually accompanied by a note or something. Turning away from her alter Sabel stepped further into and banished her cloak and staff. To her eyes ghostly shadow figures sat at bedsides and walked among the beds. They were working overtime and so many were dying she had to use more energy to keep everyone okay.

The infirmary was the hospital tent of the army and it was a few days after a battle. It was her third visit to the tent, her feet and hands were stained in blood and gore. No amount of hand washing would make the stain fade. It would fade on its own after a few days. She had helped her priests move and tend the wounded, taking those who were too wounded to survive the move quickly ending their pain. It also allowed her to monitor the wounded in her exile. Sabel helped both sides equally and dispatched the shambling dead when she found them. She had to kill them with her bare hands or a weapon, that might have some thing to do with the stains. Walking to one of the empty beds and curled up and went to sleep. The Reapers would wake her up if she was needed far away and she would sense it even in her sleep someone needed her close by.

She was clearly visible to the other occupants of the tent and anyone who came in while she was out cold. Physically she looked like a child curled up in a spare bed in a dark colored dress.Oddly she was fast asleep on top of the covers. She wasn't breathing and someone might be fooled into thinking she was dead except for the slight shift in position every so often. Sabel also didn't have a heart beat because she didn't have a heart unless she remember to add that feature.Dark rings of sleeplessness were becoming more and more a feature of her looks. Even additional reapers weren't helping much, they took something too. Napping was the best way to gain back some of her energy but it was a risk it left her vulnerable to attack. Many times she had woken up in the middle of someone thieving from what they thought was a corpse and gave them a heart attack literally.

She didn't know or really care what the army thought of a strange little girl showing up after their battles. Sabel tried not to make a habit of being visible to the same group twice in a row in a short span of time. Sometimes taking a nap on a free bed only to disappear without a trace a few hours later like she had never been there. If it bothered them her priests never told her about it, so she assumed it didn't bother them.

Who is that girl I see, staring straight, back at me?

Lily
Jul 31 2017, 07:09 PM Quote

genderfluid warrior

tagged: name
notes: short ones can go here!
The hospital tent was busy as always and Bao was in visiting with Yao. He had been injured on the wall but thankfully showed no signs of becoming one of what they fought. Xe was grateful for that. Bao had only intended to stay for a short period of time as the priests and healers were busy and xe didn't want to get in the way.

Yao's bed was near the shrine of the Soul Reaper and xe noticed that it was in a bit of a disarray as the priests had been so busy the altar hadn't been properly cared for, Xe noticed that Yao was sleeping at the moment and xe made a quick side trip to the altar to clean it up and care for it before placing an offering using one of the incense sticks that was underneath it. Xe was unaware of the significance but it smelled nice. Xe hoped it would find favor with the goddess of the dead so that no more would die this day from the harsh battles.

When xe was done with that xe moved back over to Yao's bed and sat down with him to simply speak though he slept. Xe knew from past experiences he could hear what was being said and that it helped him recover faster. Bao told him about what was going on in the barracks and the general state of the new recruits that were coming in every day. While xe was speaking xe didn't notice that xir work had been noticed, that was until xe was ready to leave and xe noticed the small figure on the bed across from Yao's. It seemed her work had summoned the small goddess of Death though she looked exhausted.

It was for that reason that Bao debated if xe wanted to disturb her. Instead xe moved over to the bed and touched the pillow near her head reverently. "Sleep well Goddess; I pray your rest is slightly peaceful." With that xe backed away and went to leave the tent. Xe would return the next day to check on Yao.

BY MITZI

Fox
Sep 23 2017, 09:13 PM Quote

Sable turned over, quietly watching the person leave the Hospital. She had been aware of Bao when they touched the pillow that she was using. Yawning Sable sat up and debated fallowing them to find out why they were praying to her; of all the gods. It seemed to her like an odd choice to prey to Death in the middle of a battlefield; where your comrades could just as easily get up and attack you, after they had fallen.

The enigma that the unknown presented intrigued Sable and she hadn’t quite decided what to do. Slipping out of her barrowed bed, Sable picked up a piece of fruit from her Alter. It was an apple and it was fresh and sweet. They had given it to her, as an offering, a rare treat it the time of war and blight. Taking one last look around, Sable left the tent and used her powers to find the one who spoke to her softly.

Stepping into a shadow she reappeared behind Bao. “Thank you for the wish, even if it didn’t last long.” She had slept only about five to ten minutes not more than a half hour, but Sable did feel better after it. “May I ask who you are? You obviously know who I am.” Taking a bite of her fruit, she chewed and then attempted to swallow before smiling up at the warrior.

It was the first time in a long time she had been without her staff, and Sable felt oddly lost without it.

Who is that girl I see, staring straight, back at me?

Lily
Oct 7 2017, 12:00 AM Quote

genderfluid warrior

tagged: Sabel the Soul Reaper
notes: small story time
Bao had just left the hospital when the the goddess of death appeared before xir. Xe was surprised, xe had not expected the Goddess to appear before xir so quickly. Bao had honestly thought she was asleep. Some may find it odd that xe prayed to the Goddess of Death, but Bao believed that all of the Pantheon that remained should be equally respected. In the battlefield though they were enemies in the end all souls went to the Soul Reaper; sometimes it took them a few extra kills to get there.

You're welcome Lady Death. Xe bowed her head respectively. I'm sorry it did not last longer. When the goddess asked for xir name, xe smiled a little and tilted her head feeling compelled to tell her the truth. I go by several names Goddess; I was born as Fa Mulan, the only daughter to Fa Zhou and Fa Li; though now I answer to Fa Bao as I serve my Sultan in his army; though very few know I was born female.

Xe shook her head a little. I know you because at home in Solhara it was proper to pray to the ancestors, and a small prayer to the Soul Reaper was always included. A small shrine was erected in your honor there; and when I left six months ago it was still there.

BY MITZI

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.