Add Reply
New Poll

Stronger Together, Nala

Hell is empty, all the devils are here.

Zev
Jun 11 2017, 07:28 PM Quote

I
sis held an old map of Ga’leah in front of her and circled the Blighted parts. Studying it intensely. Decimated, dead. Her precious Yarrow, for example, was no more. She could have cried. Down from the Hyadies, she made her way through thick forestry.

Putting her own life in danger by being alone. She had little choice in the matter. Everything was upside down. Without her daughter, Isis felt a piece of her heart missing. It was bad enough, the shadow magic stealing everything. Making her cold, and dark on the inside. Losing her daughter just wasn’t fair.

The shadow fae did not know where to turn, who to go to. She was losing time. Every minute without Isadora was killing her from the inside out. Isis Trinity skidded along dirt roads, side paths full of thorns and brush. She should have slowed down when she hit a slight downhill in her footing. Instead, Isis tumbled to the ground, twisting her ankle.

Crying out in pain, the tiny shadow fae crawled to a clearer, brighter area. She looked up at the skies and watched the sun break free from the clouds. Isis needed to rest her ankle. She rested it on a log while putting together fuel for a fire. She had some veggies left over in her pack. Tears ran down her cheeks. She sniffled. She was all alone. Outside of - Caerleon? Everything blurred together, the scenery. It all made her sad. Refugee camps instead of incredible stronghold kingdoms. The Blight swung its ax, and swung it hard. Ga’Leah was stronger than it thought, but still, in pain.

Like Isis. Once she got a fire going, she mixed together an herbal paste for her ankle. From her time outside the Yarrow. Mint leaves, water, and soothing aloe with rosemary. It would heal and cool her skin. The sun was setting as she tugged up her skirts and rubbed the solution onto her ankle. A twig snapped in the distance, and Isis Trinity’s ears fixed on her surroundings. Wisps of shadow magic came out, a defense ready to pounce, if necessary.

Someone was coming. Isis braced herself for whatever was coming. She expected a Blighted creature and not a tall woman to push through thick bushes. Isis breathed a sigh of relief. Building a fire was dangerous, but she needed to keep warm. The nights were growing colder.

“Did my fire alert you? It’s too strong, I’m sure - ” Isis murmured, exhaling. She still looked like a sad wreck. Sitting alone with a propped ankle, eyes rimmed red with tears.

Running for her life The dark rain from her eyes still falls Breathtaking butterfly Chose a dark day to live

lily
Aug 4 2017, 08:34 PM Quote

exiled preistess

tagged: Isis Trinity
notes: finally time for them to meet!
Nala was exploring Calladahn on the outskirts near the outskirts of Careleon; something was calling her towards the area and she had learned to not ignore those calls. They tended to lead her to important people and Nala could use as many friends and allies in her life as possible. Sometimes these side trips had caused more problems than good; but she hoped that this time it would be a good meeting.

She had gotten the urge to travel around mid afternoon and had left Ekundayo with Ed. She didn't need to take him this time; she was unsure how long she'd be gone or where she'd be traveling and given her encounter with the Huntsman the last time she had no desire to put him in more danger than she already had. Ekun had been through far too much danger for his short life and she hated it so much. Unfortunately; this was the better life for him compared to living with his father and becoming as corrupt as him.

By the time she got to where the pull was leading her she could smell fire and she shifted back to her human guise to finish walking towards the fire. She did not want to freak out whomever was there by thinking they were going to be attacked by a large lioness. Even as a human she could smell he hint of mint and rosemary in the air; someone was making a healing paste. Hurrying a little to get to the person; she made sure to break a twig when she was close enough so the person knew she was there.

When she got close and came into the clearing she stopped short at seeing the magic coming out of the woman; she was either a fae or a witch and Nala approached carefully. "Peace friend; I am a friend and healer. My name is Nala, what is yours? Your fire is fine. It helped me to find you actually."

BY MITZI

Hell is empty, all the devils are here.

Zev
Aug 18 2017, 12:28 PM Quote

T
he tiny shadow fae expected swift death. Some kind of attack from a stranger. She was, after all, injured. Vulnerable. Her shadow magic impacted by the loss of Isadora. To her estranged, infuriating mother. Isis did not know a world without Damaris’ holding something over her head. It started in their free form village, Angelfield. It never quite ended. Even after Isis made the conscious decision to leave for the Yarrow. Her true home.

Now, it was nothing but ash, and rot. Ga’Leah was turning to rot. Everyone fleeing for safe ground. Safe ground was growing smaller, and smaller. All Isis could do was try to do everything in her power to find Isadora. That was first priority. With an injured ankle, it’d take a few days to get back on her feet. Great.

Peace friend; I am a friend and healer. My name is Nala, what is yours? Your fire is fine. It helped me to find you actually.

Isis breathed easier when the tall woman started speaking. She was not here to kill anyone. Of course, Isis’ fire gave her away. First rule of survival meant fire equaled life. The downside was smoke. Everyone could smell it, and track you down. It was a big risk, being out in the open like this. The tiny shadow fae had no choice. This was camp, for now.

“I’m glad you come in peace, Nala.” Isis’ shadow magic faded with every easier intake of oxygen.

She gestured to the unaccompanied log near the fire. “Please, take a seat. Rest up. Where do you come from? I am Isis.”

The shadow fae offered a gentle smile, but sadness still lingered in her expressive eyes. She wished for her darkness to swallow her whole. That’s what shadow magic could do, if you had a soft heart, as Isis did. The harder the heart, the less it ate away at a person. Damaris wanted Isis’ magic so badly, she’d take a newborn. In reality, Isis’ magic was a burden. Not a blessing. It protected her, but at what cost?

“I - I’m looking for my baby.” Isis murmured. “Someone stole her away from me.”

The pain in her ankle numbed with the paste applied to it. Isis sat back and elevated it a little more, trying to relax.

Nala

Running for her life The dark rain from her eyes still falls Breathtaking butterfly Chose a dark day to live

lily
Sep 5 2017, 09:24 AM Quote

exiled preistess

tagged: Isis Trinity
notes: conversations
Despite the receding magic Nala still approached the smaller woman carefully. Any sign of danger and the woman could attack her. For that reason alone Nala was glad she had left Ekun at home. She had put him in enough danger, he didn't need to be any more unnecessary danger; and this woman was an unnecessary danger. Though she was physically injured the magic she wielded could do more damage to the skin walker or any enemy that would happen upon her.

She was pleased to see the magic fading and when the offer was made the priestess gracefully sat down. Thank you, Isis. I originally hail from Xehacora, though now I reside in Caerleon. I am there seeking sanctuary and help to take on the tyrant that rules the Pride Lands. She watched the young woman and could feel the sadness rolling off of her, though her empathy was not very strong. It wouldn't be long before the woman explained why she was sad.

I am sorry; I have spent the last several years avoiding people who wish to take my child from me. I know your pain, though not on the same level. The urge to protect your child is strong, and there were several times where my son was almost taken from me by his father's men. I fear what he would turn into if his father were to ever get him.

BY MITZI

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.