Add Reply
New Poll

Ashes fell like Snow, [Tag: Morgana]

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Nov 19 2017, 04:29 PM / Post #: 37081 Quote

Deep vengeance is the daughter of deep silence

She sat alone upon the cold stone throne that over looked the dimly lit corridor. It was nothing like what she had grown up in. As a princess, she had been surrounded by color and light, people moving to and fro to appease her parents every whim. Everything held such beauty and elegance among the nobility in Xehacora, yet, the princess had never felt the comfort of the colors around her. She had always been a darker creature than her brothers. From birth she was the more sullen of the twins, yet, from her morose she drew strength. Though she was the darker of the two there was no doubt she was the stronger. Percy had been weak his whole life. Physically, emotionally, and now with his fatal lapse in judgment, mentally and he would pay dearly for it. He knew what his sister truly was and yet, he chose to walk a path opposite of her own. He was a fool and there was no place in this world for royal fools anymore. They would be snuffed out with the last of the Pendragons as soon as the rightful queen was able to take her crown again.

She’d woken here in the cold, still darkness of the mountain. It had once been a dwarven stronghold, or so it seemed, but now had been vacated by them. Perhaps long ago or perhaps with the arrival of a dragon army, either way, they had taken up residence within its walls. The desolate path up the mountains would prove difficult for any travelers to stumble upon them and the snow that covered the stone courtyard would deter those foolish enough to seek them out. The Sorceress had chosen the location wisely and not lightly. Morgana was no fool. The name of the fortress was long forgotten in the minds of those who occupied it now but they would merely call it “Terragon”, for it was a land of dragons.

Still, it was not where she belonged. From the moment she opened her eyes in this derelict place, Melusina knew she would one day return to claim her crown. However determined, she could not deny the wounds she had endured in her mother’s battle. Despite Morgana’s warnings, the dragon chose to wage her mother’s war. The sorceress pleaded to deaf ears as she spoke of what she had foreseen, but Melusina would not yield. Maleficent had pt her hope in her daughter and the fire that raged within her soul, and the princess had failed. She had fallen. Struck down by a blackened ore arrow forged within Camelot, aided by Merlin no doubt, to once again destroy the line of Vengeance.

The scorpion had fired and hit its mark. Straight through the dragon’s chest and borrowing through her heart and lungs, embedding itself within her. Down, down, down she’d fallen in a hell storm of fire and ash. Her wings slowed her fall, but still the impact took her, and the light faded as pain surged through her body. She lay upon the forest floor, eyes half lidded to look upon the burning trees who seemed honored to trade their leaves for ash if only to proclaim they had been touched by a dragon. This would be where she drew her last breath and she wanted to smell the warm, familiar scent of smoke. Her last act would be to turn herself into a human again and, painfully, she did. Warm in the bed of her own fire, the dragon princess closed her eyes and inhaled her last breath.

But it was not so.

She had awoken here. Naked and in a plush bed and covered with many animal pelts to keep warm Melusina had opened her eyes. Everything was painful, but her near fatal wounds had been dressed and were healing. She could scarcely move, but that was no matter because the Dark One had returned for her. Morgana had come back for her and rescued her from a certain death. The sorceress had healed the dragon with great care and great cost to herself… but great rewards followed. While Melusina healed, Morgana was able to channel her strength and call the dragon army to Terragon, where they might be safe and heal until their queen was ready once more.

Time had healed her, along with dark magic, and Melusina was returning to her true nature now. She had an army at her disposal and what was an army without generals to command it? Though she was their ruler, there were several dragons who served as her ‘court’ to aid in her reign. She, like her mother, respected the traditional values of nobility, but often worked alone and in secret. Among her chosen court members, there was none who held a higher honor than the Dark sorceress herself. Though she was not born a dragon, she now held the blood and heart of one. Melusina kept her treasured fae close and would not hesitate to kill any within her hoard who posed a threat. The dragons knew Morgana was valuable to the queen… they just did not know she was priceless.

Silently, the dragon queen watched as little snow flurries danced across the dark stone floor and settled themselves into tiny pools of water. She straightened herself against the back of the stone throne and settled again, waiting on her sorceress. She’d sent one of the lesser dragons to fetch her, for she had a thought that would not relinquish.

She was dressed in black, but the warm pelts of the mountain prey hid most of it from view along with the last of the injury she was nursing. A fire crackled in the hollowed out hearth in the center of the room to try and oppose the cold winds that blew. Melusina’s blue eyes studied it, watching the flames so intently, that all else seemed lost. Finally, she narrowed her eyes and growled lightly to herself, ”I see you… and I know what you've done. You cannot hide from me, Percius… you know I will come for you.”

tag: Morgana | words: cautious | notes: Melgana lives
robb stark

It's alright... you can't know what I know. But you'll see, sooner or later... You'll see I was right.

Morgana LeFay
Nov 25 2017, 10:41 AM / Post #: 37127 Quote

Surviving to fight
Another Day
Morgana took her time pacing the halls of the lair. Melusina had given the place a new name of course - she had her mother's flair for the dramatic. And that was fine... Morgana tended to leave such things to others. For her own purposes, she tended to be... practical. Theatrics had their uses of course, and where they were necessary she was more than happy to engage in them.

Unlike the dragoness though, Morgana had not been raised in the presence of luxury. Her childhood had been harsh. Her father had demanded she survive on her own almost from the day she could walk. She wasn't his first child, after all... apparently what he had learned from his previous 'failures' had been that he hadn't treated them harshly enough, or demanded enough of them. She had survived every test he threw at her... often out of pure spite. She'd learned that much earlier than most, to be sure.

As well as she'd learned elegance and the manners of high society later in life, she had been in her early teens the first time she'd truly been exposed to such things, in the court of Arthur Pendragon's grandfather Alexander. She'd taken to it quickly, as she did with most things, but it hadn't changed who she had been at her core. Nothing would. No amount of power or money or knowledge from the books she'd voraciously consumed all her life would ever be able to change what she had been from the start - a survivor. A competetor.

Even her father had failed to anticipate her ambition, in the end. The great hunter had missed a step, and she had ensured his fall. Perhaps he would have been proud, in some corner of his mind, had he not given so much of himself up to the Blight by the time he finally fell. It had not been the most fitting end... she had to allow her half-sibling to strike the final blow, but if she had not, she might not have had the chance to claim as much of his power as she had. As with all things, practicality trumped sentiment.

That, she was certain her father would have approved of.

At least in some circumstances, those two things were not so misaligned. The dragoness was crucial, after all... and the sorceress was not so cold that her heart was dead to affection. Both of which had made the dragon quite dear - enough that Morgana had expended a considerable amount of dearly hoarded power to keep her alive, even though the dragon had been too stubborn to heed her prophecy. Well. They all had to learn their lessons the hard way, from time to time. She imagined Melusina would be more... receptive to warnings in the future.

She strode silently into the throne room on bare feet, unconcerned with the chill of the carved stone. Morgana's attire was simple and elegant as ever, a fur wrapped around her pale throat her only nod to the chill. She smiled when her eyes met Melusina's though, and she dipped into a curtsey before the throne, displaying all the proper signs of respect in the presence of a queen, at least to start. She didn't waste much time though before she climbed the steps and - perhaps a bit presumptuously - slid onto the dragon queen's lap, tracing her finger's lightly along Melusina's jaw. Improper, certainly, but their audiences were often much more... private.

"You called for me...?"

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Nov 27 2017, 06:45 PM / Post #: 37140 Quote

She ruled with a healthy fear. Before the battle, and before the defeat, Melusina had deemed herself their queen. Most accepted it due to her flawless bloodline, but there were those who questioned her strength. Her whole life people had questioned her strength and she was powerless to silence them, but there, among the dragons, she was mighty. She’d killed one in a show of strength and rage… and the rest fell in line. Yes, it was a shame to lose a dragon, but it was not in vain. The others did not question her now and after they saw the power of her flame and fire… the walked the line.

Her brooding nature did little to calm their fears as well. Often she was quiet while they chittered among themselves. Her pale blue eyes would move from one to the next as she calculated their worth within her mind. She cared for them so long as they knew their places. She was of High blood both in human and dragon form and would not tolerate anyone seeing her as anything less. So when she sent for the Dark One… she knew they would search the citadel quickly to find her.

It was obvious in her tone she was angry. Something was not sitting right within the delicate form of the dragon queen. She was healing, yes, she was housed, and she had an entire fortress to claim as a kingdom, and yet, something stirred angst within her. It was not until the chambers doors echoed loudly against the stone floor that the dragon looked up.

She watched the sorceress walk, bare footed, to her, curtsy perfectly, and then come to her. The queen was taken back by the sudden boldness to seat herself upon her lap. Her eyes closed lightly as Morgana teased her flesh with a light touch, but she did not turn her head to give in. Not yet. Instead, she opened her eyes and glared at the two dragon guards who had fetched her sorceress. Through clenched teeth she growled one command, ”Get out” and it was followed immediately.

Once they were alone, Melusina shifted herself so she might cover Morgana’s cold body with the pelts she had draped over her own lap. How the human did not feel the sting and bite of the chilled air, the dragon did not know. Perhaps it was the monster within her that feared the frost, or was not immune to it. Either way, it was much warmed and more comfortable to be buried under the warmth of others. ”I did”, she finally said, answering Morgana’s original question.

She was not deliberately being vague… and Morgana would know that. Melusina calculated quickly, but while so, she spoke slowly. It was part of her processing. Something was wrong. She nodded to the pathetic fire that burned in the middle of the room. It was a dug in pit, so very like dwarves, so that wood would be pitched in and the fire would burn below. It would warm the room from the ground up and serve wonderfully for punishment purposes. However, no wood burned brightly now. Smoke hardly rose, but the few flames that danced to and fro, Melusina’s eyed were locked.

She nodded to it and whispered lightly, ”What do you see, Morgana?” Her tone was testy, but not at the sorceress so much as the situation. She had seen Percy in the flames. His goofy grin from ear to ear, standing side a dragon banner… not the Marillac dragon banner, but the Pendragons. They lived, and yet she was forced to hide in the solace of froze stone. She knew she could not kill Percy, that would be suicide, but she would tear every last Pendragon apart in her vengeance.

Her grip tightened a bit around Morgana’s hip and arm as she pulled I her closer and growled, ”Why do they yet live, precious… “ she drew in a deep breath and continued, ”and why is my brother by their side? What gains could they give him that I could not?”

robb stark

It's alright... you can't know what I know. But you'll see, sooner or later... You'll see I was right.

Morgana LeFay
Dec 3 2017, 03:14 PM / Post #: 37197 Quote

Surviving to fight
Another Day
Perhaps it was the way she had been raised, so often without the warmth of a castle or even a hut to shelter her, but though she was a slender creature, Morgana had always been quite tolerant of the cold. Her power - and often her anger - did much to keep her warm even in the coldest months. But that was something she kept inside... there were very few times over her century of life where it could be said she allowed rage to get the better of her, or even to show. Many had suffered for those instances.

But then again, many more had suffered for the decisions that she had made with cold calculation.

The sorceress grinned a little as the guards were dismissed - she'd paid them no mind in the first place after all - and she shifted a bit as Melusina brought her into the embrace of her pelts, leaning in closer against the heat of the dragon queen's skin. Melusina's curt response was typical of the dragoness, and Morgana drew back just a little bit, her face a few inches from the dragon, a brow arced in question while she waited for the rest of the Queen's thoughts to emerge.

Ah... There it was. Of course the dragon would ask - Morgana had expected as much, though she let out a soft, perhaps disappointed sigh as her suspicion was confirmed. Melusina had seen for herself that Morgana's sight sometimes pierced the veil of the future, and now, like all those who had learned of her ability, the dragon wanted more. It was the second important reason she had kept her gift so secret for so long. The only ones who had known had been her own father, Arthur Pendragon's father and grandfather, and now Melusina. Of them, only Alexander Pendragon had resisted the lure of what an Oracle's sight could bring... there was a reason he had been the only one she had ever felt affection for. Uther's nearly blind ambition had been far more useful to her, true, but he had earned far less of her respect.

Melusina, for all her grandeur, was young. Much as Morgana had been in those early days, to be fair. Here was a chance to do... Better, for the one she chose to advise. She hissed a breath when the dragon tightened her grip, and she leaned in a little closer, resting her forehead gently against the dragon's.

"I have seen nothing that would answer your questions, my Queen, and I cannot promise that I shall. I told you when I first revealed my power to you - I shall tell you when I believe the visions are to be trusted, and you should believe me when I do. But not even the most powerful of the Forebearer's oracles can see all things or predict all events, and the ones who see the most are all mad. I am shown just enough. I do not depend upon my visions - nor should you. We are - both of us - better off seeking answers for ourselves. That is what I have always done. And should I have a vision the meaning of which I can determine, we may then take advantage. But do not wait for such a thing, for it may never come."

She drew back, just enough to turn and glance toward the flames - it seemed Melusina had gained a flicker of farsight from their intermingling of blood... That was unexpected. Certainly interesting, however... "They live because the battle was won in their favor. Malificent failed... it is often the privilege of the victors to survive a war... it does not mean they will survive the next. As to your brother... I suspect you may know him better than I. But if you will allow me the speculation, I think he sees more of himself in them. After all, he has never craved power, despite his birth, and it is the nature of the Pendragons to coddle the little folk. They rejoice and think their lives better, even as their world is weakened... a common failing, among humans - even some fae, I would note. Why do you think he would leave you?"

""

I am Fire, I am Fear.

Nyxi
Dec 10 2017, 01:57 PM / Post #: 37246 Quote

She was rough on purpose with her human companion. The dragon queen needed her to remember just that, she was a dragon above anything else. But the hiss of her voice, a sign of pain, and the gentle touch of her forehead against the dragon’s own eased her grip. Melusina was angry by nature and it was a challenge for her to appropriately inflict that anger on the correct people. Morgana had, technically, done nothing wrong.

The queen closed her eyes and listened to Morgana’s words. She’d mistaken her questions for use of her foresight instead of the present. Yet, she listened calmly and it eased her mind. Perhaps it was the words themselves or the gentle tone of her sorceresses voice, either way, the dragon relaxed and leaned back against her stone chair.

She did not like to be reminded that her mother had failed, however true it may be. She herself had failed in the attempt and now had the scar to prove it. She said nothing though, only curled her lip in disgust on the topic, and turned her eyes once again to the flames that flickered in the dying fire.

As the question was posed to her, Melusina narrowed her blue eyes and concentrated a moment. Why indeed? Why was Percy so unlike her yet they had shared everything from conception? ”Percy is a fool,” she growled, and pulled the animal pelts closer to her body, ”but it is an act. While the rest of the world rejoices upon my supposed death, Percy knows I live. He can feel it. He will let that be known to the Pendragons in time.”

She leaned up and rested her cheek against Morgana’s own, whispering in her ear, ”So my dilemma, my treasured advisor, is to take their lives before they can prepare… or wait until our existence is a scarred memory. But the crown is mine. The throne is mine. And I will not have the Pendragon’s crest upon it. My blood was split upon that land and I will reign.”

She could feel the fire ignite within her soul again. Hatred stirred the flames enough to give it life once more. Too long it had been stifled and now it was beginning to burn again.

robb stark

Morgana LeFay
Feb 11 2018, 01:24 PM / Post #: 37383 Quote

Surviving to fight
Another Day
Morgana knew the dragon didn't like to be reminded of failure, which was one reason she was always careful to come at the matter from an angle, to try and take some of the edge off the reference. It was an intentional move on her part to bring it up, however. Much as Mel might not have liked it, the sting of failure was an important teacher. The dragoness was frighteningly powerful, but in many ways she was young... all her life she had been feared, and that could give one a false impression of their own infallibility. Excising that from her mind would make the dragoness more formidable in the end.

Plus, Morgana knew the dragon would tolerate it from her, and most likely no one else.

She curled up against Melusina a bit as the dragon replied. Morgana would play the pet as much as the advisor. It wasn't a bother, though she made a note to restrict herself a bit more when there was an audience. Good to know, though she did not regret taking the chance at it - she had succeeded after all, and that told her a bit more about just how much the dragon favored her. She hadn't gotten so much as a rebuke. An excellent test.

"Then it will be a matter of how much they trust his word. And that is a thing I may be able to exert some influence over, if the cards are right." she mused, thoughtful. She had her agents in the castle... It was a difficult thing to earn someone's trust, but less difficult to take that trust away from someone else.

At the second part, whispered into her ear, Morgana closed her eyes and smiled, slowly. "I would never caution passivity, only patience... To give them too much time to rebuild would not advantage us either. The empire is in pain, attempting to rebuild. The battle resulted in a few heroes of note perhaps, but to the common people, these things are fleeting. They will flock to whoever improves their shabby lot. And the resources of the crown are not without limit, especially now. We can erode them. And in the meantime, you can gather your dragons, those who are still lost and without direction. They will weaken, while you grow strong."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.