Add Reply
New Poll

Vengeance Falls, Tags Lash

I can't decide Whether you should live or die Oh, you'll probably go to heaven Please don't hang your head and cry No wonder why My heart feels dead inside It's cold and hard and petrified Lock the doors and close the blinds We're going for a ride

The Bard
Apr 25 2017, 01:34 AM / Post #: 35094 Quote

tags Chaos!
Mistress of Evil y'all
mmhmm
if I know you, i know what you'll do

A lesser woman might have grown tired of waiting for her plans to come to fruition, but Maleficent was content to bide her time as the star aligned to maximize her chances for success. It was no easy coup she planned. She had usurped her husband’s throne with little difficulty, but only because she had waited for the right moment to act. Now he languished in a dungeon cell beneath her castle, a silent remind of her victory over him. The first victory of many.

Now that all of her carefully tended plans were on the verge of bearing fruit, her patience was beginning to wear thin.

The temples in Fynnon were vast and opulent, a remainder of King Fabian who had ruled the land many generations ago and devoted his kingdom’s wealth to paying tribute to the gods with any manner of festival or temple he could divine. Maleficent made it a point never to enter them. Not because she feared that one of the gods might sense her and learn her secret. Oh no. She was quite confident in her disguise.

No, she simply could not stomach the sight of them. Pompous and self righteous, justifying all that they did because they were gods. She had been among them once, but even then Adora had perhaps seen the corruption in them. It had taken losing her godhood to understand how deeply it went.

The world might be suffering now, but when the dust had settled and she had been able to remake the world in her own image, at least there would be no pretense of loving gods who cared for the penitent. Hardly. She would be honest with humanity from the first day she ascended to take over Olwyn the Source’s godhood once and for all. She did not love them. She did not care if they lived or died. They survived to serve her and bring her joy, and those that did not…need not not survive.

She walked around the large elliptical structure, looking up at the frozen faces of the men and women she hated with every fiber of her being. As she lingered in front of the Huntress, she could not help but smile, reaching out a hand to caress the smooth, stony cheek of the departed goddess. With a laugh, she sent a pulse of power through her fingers and watched as the statue crumbled to dust on the floor.

Next her gaze sought out the figure of the Coming Tide, and she too was reduced to nothing more than a pile of debris upon the floor. “I have never seen you look better.” Maleficent hissed to the empty pedestal. “A pity you had no sanctuary when you needed it, sister.”

A little mayhem never hurt anyone / Where'm I gonna get some?

Alistair
Jun 10 2017, 02:16 PM / Post #: 35693 Quote

Family Feud

A great temple such as the one Malificent walked had any number of laborers tending to it at all times... or at least, it would have. The Queen's priorities had obviously not favored the temple since she had taken all power in Xehacora, but that didn't mean that there wasn't the occasional Faithful who came in to keep the place clean and in repair. Granted, they all scattered when the Queen arrived. They might not have known what Malificent was, but Lasciel had always found that when someone was genuinely hostile, even humans, with their limited senses, tended to be able to feel it. Prey could always sense a predator, at least on some level.

Which was why the sound of the broom from behind the Queen after she got done laughing at and mocking the statue she had just destroyed probably jumped out of the relative quiet with not inconsiderable force. When the Queen turned, there was a woman, just barely a girl no longer, dressed in simple clothes that might well have been called rags, not even looking up at the queen as she entered the chamber, the corn-stranded broom scratching the floor with rhythmic regularity.

She didn't feel like anything in particular to supernatural senses... though it was likely that Malificent would realize quickly that the reason for that wasn't that she had no power, like the majority of humans. It wasn't that she didn't have enough magic in her to create a ripple in the fabric of the universe the gods had woven. Her aura wasn't too dim - it was simply not there. To the senses of gods and mages, the girl with the broom was a void, a point of absolute nothingness in the ether... Easy to miss, but at least as jarring as the light of a gods true power would have been.

It was an obvious sign that she was no human at all.

She ignored the queen as she worked, though she paused, looking at the rubble of the statue. After a moment she turned her eyes up to the Queen, looking through dirty brown hair with pale eyes. "Sister, you say... That is either blasphemy, or something very interesting, isn't it?"

Oh shit.

note: This is gonna get good, isn't it?

I can't decide Whether you should live or die Oh, you'll probably go to heaven Please don't hang your head and cry No wonder why My heart feels dead inside It's cold and hard and petrified Lock the doors and close the blinds We're going for a ride

The Bard
Jun 12 2017, 04:55 AM / Post #: 35725 Quote

tags Chaos!
Mistress of Evil y'all
mmhmm

Maleficent heard the sound of the broom and the footsteps, turning only slightly to gaze over her shoulder at the one behind her. Wherever Maleficent went in the castle, whether it was the temple, the throne room, or the garderobe, the servants and residents knew to give her a wide berth. Those who did not were summarily punished, and typically in ways that turned the stomach of even the most brutal criminals. Maleficent had a penchant for pain and suffering. She liked violence. She especially like the color and smell of fresh blood.

It was almost a reflexive action, reaching out with a spell or a hex to punish the girl for the slight she had likely not intended to level on the Queen by her mere presence alone. But the Queen paused, fingers curling into a fist as her jewel toned eyes examined her more closely. “To some it may be considered both.” Maleficent answered curtly, “Who sent you and why?” She saw no need to be coy. She stretched out her hand to gesture at the remaining statues with an almost mocking laugh. “I’m flattered they would waste the effort, they have so much to vie for their attention these days.”

Alistair
Jul 4 2017, 07:56 AM / Post #: 35930 Quote

Family Feud

At the Queen's question, the girl laughed, tilting her head back a bit as she did, then she returned her eyes to the woman, shaking her head, holding a hand up as if in apology before she spoke again. "No, no... I'm sorry, It's just a funny notion. No one has ever had much luck with that."

She discarded the broom, letting it clatter unceremoniously to the floor as she walked along the statues, fully aware that Malificent might well decide to strike her down at any point. But she was ready enough for that... When she came to the statue of Chaos, she stopped, putting a hand against it as she turned to look back at Malificent, grinning. "What do you think of this one? There aren't many of her. I like that this template decided to go with the lady. Did you know there used to be a temple in Calladahn where the sculptor tried to make one that was half male, half female? It looked such a mess."

She gave the statue an almost affectionate pat, though when she did, there was a surge of energy, a faint flicker of something that arced like lightning, but drank in light rather than emitting it. The energy sliced through the marble without so much as slowing down, and it collapsed in on itself, with the head toppling off toward the girl herself - though she wasn't there anymore when it hit. Lasciel was there instead, in full goddess form, smiling as she easily caught the heavy stone cranium and held it up by her own face.

"I don't think they get the eyes right, to be honest. What do you think? I suppose it's hard to do when working with stone. Ah well." She gave a shrug, tossing the work of art back over her shoulder. "What would I know about it? But Malificent! I really didn't come to discuss art. You seem to be doing rather well, given what the blight is doing to the rest of the world. You haven't been misbehaving, have you...?"

Oh shit.

The Bard
Nov 19 2017, 05:58 PM / Post #: 37082 Quote

tags Chaos!
Mistress of Evil y'all
mmhmm

“I wondered how long it would be before one of the gods came to call upon me. If I am being quite honest, I am disappointed that it has taken you all this long, but alas, I never did find any of you very bright.” She had watched the entire scene unfolding with cool indifference. She was not afraid. Maleficent was never afraid. She was not without her own godly powers whether the Destroyer sensed it or not was of no consequence. The Blight also made her stronger, strong enough to kill more than one of the gods that had once graced their halls. She had known it was only going to be a matter of time before the gods either surmised her true nature or determined her involvement in the Blight that was sweeping over their land. It did not surprise her that the only one brave enough to confront her thus far was the goddess of chaos herself.

“I follow no one’s rules but mine own, nor do I bow to any god or king. I do not believe that you and I would consider each other’s behavior to be proper and ‘good’ nor do I believe that either of us truly cares. I you came to make idle chit chat and play games than you will find your afternoon wasted. I have much more important things to do than watch a goddess destroy her own effigies and play word games. I have an empire to rule, one that is growing in size and importance each and every day and unlike the Pantheon, I do not sit upon my ivory tower and entertain myself while the world goes to ruin below me.” No, she caused the ruin, though with every intention of rebuilding the world in her own image when the Blight had run its course and all who opposed her were gone.

Alistair
Nov 26 2017, 11:37 AM / Post #: 37130 Quote

Family Feud

Lasciel arced a brow, but she didn't take the bait about the brightness comment. It wouldn't have done any good to offer as a defense that she had most likely been killed, and suffered for the last few months with amnesia. It hardly made her look any better, after all, and it was beside the point.

"Well ordinarily I hate to take a side, but it does seem like it becomes more and more inevitable. Things are getting a little out of hand. Change is a good thing often, but what you offer is order of a different... stricter sort."

She shrugged one shoulder, considering the Queen for a time. She had come here on a theory... what she saw here was interesting. It suited the theory. The goddess continued smiling, though when she stepped away from the statue that smile disappeared entirely. "I believe you're quite right about that difference, at least in a way. The Pantheon can be quite idle... Just one of the reasons I rarely associate with the rest. But I should think that if ruin was one's concern... actively working to bring that ruin about would be counterproductive, would it not? Unless what truly concerned one was not ruin at all, but control. Or is it something else?"

"If it was merely change, you might have found me on your side... but I think we're past that now, aren't we?"

As she finished the sentence, she lifted her hand, and a jet of blue-white flame lanced out from her fingertips toward the queen. To a human, the blast would have been instantly lethal, but this Queen was not human. To a witch or half fae, well... If she was exceptionally fast, she might have survived. Even a fae might have had at least some trouble, but Lash held back, just enough... But if Malificent was what she seemed.

Well. Then things might get more interesting still. And the Destroyer would truly come out to play.

Oh shit.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.