Add Reply
New Poll

meeting of the cats, tag › erestel

Running for her life The dark rain from her eyes still falls Breathtaking butterfly Chose a dark day to live

lily
Nov 26 2017, 04:54 PM / Post #: 37135 Quote

exiled preistess

tagged: Erestel
notes: sorry for lateness!
Once things had settled down after the Blight Nala felt the need to go to the Deepwood, not only to seek out druids, but also to see if she could find some of her fellow skinwalkers. She knew many of the prey had moved here after the death of one of the young female leaders and she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt about that as the tribe had been helping her survive after running and what she had feared happen would happen, the tribe had been punished for it.

Despite this she still needed to find them and speak to them. It was important that she speak with them. She was planning on retaking the Pride Lands and she would need their help. It was time for predator and prey to unite in order to make their world a better place. Even though they were prey she knew they had lived together peacefully before under Mufasa; she was planning on bringing that back, but they would need to be willing to accept working with humans for this to work

BY MITZI

I'm not a thief. I'm just really good at acquiring things that aren't mine.

Erestel
Dec 6 2017, 11:44 PM / Post #: 37226 Quote

It gave her a sense of purpose to be used as a sentinel for the Deepwood Druids. Whether it was because her father had done much the same, or because she felt duty bound after making peace with them, she wasn’t sure. It wasn’t even that they were using her, because she hardly listened to their instructions or advice—but they had an understanding since she returned. As long as she respected their laws on their land and in their company she was welcome, free to come and go as she pleased without explanation and do as she wanted elsewhere. They tolerated her, and she was fond of them in return. Minding their rules made her bound to simply observe and report unless protecting her life or defending others, but every hair on her body had a thing for this place; her sanctuary. The woods and its people were a reprieve from the outside world, reminding the skin-walker of her humanity, and that she could do better than the beast within. Around them, there was a hope to strive for something more. Without them, the outside world was austere.

Erestel was hunkered down behind some brush, and it was the smell that first caught her attention. There was something familiar in the aroma, something wild, but still altogether human. Besides her father, she had little exposure to other skin-walkers, and those she had met hadn’t been exactly the kindest. She swallowed a lump in her throat at the memory of her father. It filled her with guilt and revulsion, and instilled her with anger that threatened to surface, but she quickly choked it off.

Erestel made efforts to persuade her mind of the truth it could be a mere hunter passing through, but she failed. A wave of nausea surged down on her like a hammer at the potential. The closer the stranger got, the more anticipation pounded in her chest. However, her sense of fear quickly twisted with mounting interest. She pushed a wet bough out of her way as she followed her short trail through the dense woods, careless she made noise as she passed. The birds overhead scattered from the threat of her form, and leaves crunched under her feet. There was no need for stealth on her part. Her lithe muscles pushed their way through a break in the underbrush and into open view. Erestel stalked a distance in front of her before stopping to inhale deeply, making no secret she was taking in her full scent. Erestel locked a predatory stare at the woman, but instead of snarling, raised her head and chuffed in her direction. She let her form melt away moments later, and stood on two feet. Her change was something normally kept private, but here in the Deepwood, she felt no need to hide. Among the Druids, she had no real fear.

“What are you?” Her voice came quiet at first, and she kept it calm, but firm. Her fists tightened, and there was hardness in the lines of her expression. And while she already knew the answer, there was a genuine curiosity reflected in her eyes amidst the hesitation. Her voice came quicker the second time. “Why have you traveled so far into the Deepwood?”

Nala
...sorry it's not the greatest.

Running for her life The dark rain from her eyes still falls Breathtaking butterfly Chose a dark day to live

lily
Jan 7 2018, 12:24 AM / Post #: 37319 Quote

exiled preistess

notes: sorry for lateness!
As Nala moved through the woods she could sense a danger following her; a danger much like herself. A predator. The only question was; which kind of predator would she be dealing with. The lion moved through the woods, not even bothering to hide her scent or be stealthy. This was not the time for stealth. While she commended the hunter for trying to hide; Nala had spent nearly two years on the run surviving from assassins; she was far too used to finding danger in her surrounding areas.

When she got close enough to the scent Nala shrugged and shifted back to her human form as the leopard came into view. While she was not the usual fare of danger, the priestess could easily sense the danger in her. She knew the leopard was trying to go for the intimidation factor but after facing down Scar and untold numbers of assassins Nala was far from afraid of the female before her.

When she shifted back and spoke Nala tilted her head and took in the woman's appearance. It was clear that the skinwalker was comfortable in her skin, but was not fully aware of other skinwalkers despite the rumors of them living in the woods. I am Nala; a skinwalker like yourself. I am a Priestess of the Huntsman. I have come here in search of other skinwalkers and perhaps the druids in the hopes of returning the balance to our native homeland of the Pride Lands. Who are you guardian?"

BY MITZI

Erestel
Jan 10 2018, 12:08 AM / Post #: 37322 Quote

Her hot ears pricked back at Nala’s words, but forced her expression and defenses to soften. This was the first time she’d gone out of her way to speak to a skin-walker in ages, mainly because avoidance worked so well for her in the past as a long-term plan. Memories of her father seemed fleeting, and her heart felt like it might come up in her throat again. It gave her a solemn, curious frown on her face—almost sad. Erestel made quick work to pull her mind from her thoughts and mask the heartache strangling her face with a sense of stoicism, but the confidence in her eyes withered.

She seemed dispassionate about the Priestess, as if the title meant little. If it should have commanded more respect or trust, she was unaware. Mistrust of strangers came too naturally to shrug off the instinct, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t attempt to be nice—as bad as she was at it all. Erestel was fully aware she was terrible at carrying on a proper conversation, saying the correct things, at precisely the correct time.

“My name is Erestel,” she started. “I’m not familiar with the other skinwalkers in these parts, but I do know the Deepwood Druids,” she admitted carefully. Well, she was familiar with the existence of other skin-walkers—but she made a point of avoiding them; not a complete lie. She looked down, away from her eyes, and caught sight of her clothes. It was suddenly apparent to her that a blind person would notice she wasn’t just acquainted with the Druids. A sheepish smile twitched up on her lips, and she flushed a little.

“Oh—” she confessed and mused. “I suppose that doesn’t look right, does it?” Erestel paused half a moment to consider the differences between the two women. “I can show you the way,” she commented, “unless you just want me to point you in the right direction?” It was clear the more she spoke, the more flustered she felt.

Nala
...lol her at the end all dumb.

lily
Jan 25 2018, 12:19 PM / Post #: 37345 Quote

exiled preistess

notes:
Nala viewed the druid skinwalker before her. It was clear, despite her relaxed features that she was very uncomfortable. Whether that be because she was dealing with another skinwalker or simply another person was uncertain, but Nala would put her money on the fact that it was another of her natural kind that as she seemed rather at ease with her position as guardian of the woods. She attempted to remain as relaxed as possible while speaking with the leopard shifter. Nala did not need her to suddenly go on the attack.

Bowing her head respectfully to the druid guardian Nala smiled. It is an honor to meet you Erestel. If you do not know where they are that is fine. I would ask the druid leaders permission to walk through their lands at any rate. She gave a brief smile when Erestel realized how obvious her connection to the druids was and Nala could understand why she would get so confused. Sometimes if you are in animal form for too long you forget what you are wearing underneath.

If you do not mind and it will not take you away from your duties I would like to speak with you more. She was curious how the young woman became a guardian for the druids and what would make her not be familiar with their people here beyond the fact she is predator and they are mostly prey. Victims of Scar finding refuge wherever they could.

BY MITZI

Erestel
Jan 29 2018, 10:57 PM / Post #: 37354 Quote

Erestel was uncomfortable, but what else was new? The best she could hope for was mildly uncomfortable when with people, and she settled for it. She could try harder, but gods, that was terribly exhausting.

“Oh—” she admitted with a timid smile. “I’m nobody important.”

She struggled with her thoughts for half a moment, unsure what to say now that she was the focus of attention. Gods, she was ruining this quickly. She placed a hand on the back of her neck, and flashed a nervous, disarming smile and breathed out her nerves.

“I don’t have any real duties. It’s more of an agreement—and probably a tolerance on their part,” she confessed. “I was raised by them—” as if that wasn’t blatantly obvious already, she quickly thought. “—and my father used to have a similar agreement with them before the Blight. He helped them out in whatever way he was able, and in return we were given a place of refuge.” Her voice fell as she realized the question that would follow her short summary. Why didn’t you live with a tribe?

“I don’t quite know why he never lived with other skin walkers, he never really went into detail. I think he did for a while, at least. I think that’s where he met my mother, but whatever happened, he never went into detail. I think it hurt too much to speak of,” she explained, a little forlorn. Aware enough to understand it was strange for a skin walker not to have a tribe, and that she continued the same tradition, she turned her face away towards their intended trail, cheeks flaming.

“The Druids are this way—” she changed the subject, and awkwardly tried to display a careless expression, but was back to being distinctly uncomfortable. “They’re a private sort, but I’m sure they will not mind if you want to walk through their lands. They’ve taken on a lot more refugees since the Blight,” she reasoned. “Besides, if they tolerate me, I’m fairly sure they won’t mind you,” she added wryly, eyes lighting up and the hint of a mischievous grin creeping across her expression.

Nala
...lol her range of emotions makes me facepalm a little.

lily
Feb 4 2018, 05:29 PM / Post #: 37370 Quote

exiled preistess

notes:
Nala watched the uncomfortable girl, and had to feel a bit sorry for her. She was definitely out of her element and Nala felt as though she could understand. Especially after she was first taken by Scar and after she had first found herself in Caerleon. After living with the tribe all her life and then on the run for two years the human city had put the priestess far out of her league. I doubt that; everyone has importance, sometimes you just have to look to find it. She smiled, the woman seemed to be a bit shy but that was alright. Nala let her gather her own thoughts.

At least they allow you to do something to help them. The druids are very kind to allow you to do that. It is also a good way to honor your father and his memory by helping them. She was curious of course why didn't the young girl live with the tribe; but some skinwalkers found solace in living alone. She herself had done so for the past two years and though she missed living among the tribe, she had made some friends outside of the tribe that she never would have otherwise.

Nala listened as she explained her story; though it wasn't necessary it was kind of her to explain her story. About the only reason a skinwalker would be... removed from the tribal society would be if they had performed an Arusi and removed themselves from the rest of their generational group. If I may ask Erestel; were your parents... married? Perhaps they were forced away from the tribe which is why it would have been painful for him to talk about. If they had been shunned for getting married it would make sense then that his daughter would not know of skinwalker traditions or live with a tribe.

Thank you Erestel. I appreciate your help. She smiled a bit, I understand privacy which is why I do not wish to intrude on their lands; were I not also a huntress I would have been living with the Priesthood in the Pride Lands and they are also a private sort. It was good that they had taken on more refugees, likely prey hiding from the Tyranny of Taka; predators would have been killed for treason for attempting to leave. The priestess grinned; I am not sure if that is a compliment to me or an insult to yourself.

BY MITZI

Erestel
Feb 9 2018, 09:55 PM / Post #: 37381 Quote

“It’s both,” she affirmed, and beamed with confidence. Any worry she had seemed to ease as she started off on the path, around an alcove of trees.

“I have often looked back on memories and wondered if that was the case,” she acknowledged, “he always spoke of her so fondly the rare times he mentioned her, and he never did love again. I believe my mother did something to hurt him so deeply though that he never quite recovered.” Her expression fell a little at this, as if she felt a bit sad for him, but she smiled warmly and continued. “After his death, the Druids told me there was no reason to search her out because she had died when I was quite young—shortly after we’d come to live with them, in fact,” she stated dispassionately, as if she were telling the details of another person’s life. It hardly bothered her, and she hoped the details of her story didn’t cause pity, because she certainly had none for herself. “And my father never belonged to a tribe before her, so I suppose I never saw much reason to either. I’d already lived in the Deepwood long enough that it was my home. To resettle into a tribe would have been strange, I think,” she admitted. “I would rather be among forest animals and the sounds of nature than among the chaos of other people anyhow,” she reluctantly shrugged her shoulders. Of course, it was people who drove her to enjoy the solitude, but she wasn’t about to explain why. Besides, those who taught her most about her humanity most of the time were never human at all.

The lush bush and branches on the path around them started to press tighter and tighter until their sides narrowed and walled into a well-worn, straight route. Further on the path rose and became rockier, but the trees thinned, offering a more open view. Slowly, the ambiance of the forest changed. As limbs swayed overhead, little patches of sunlight danced on the forest floor, and a doe wandered into the glen followed closely by her fawn, both of whom seemed unbothered by their presence.

“What about you?” Her face softened, amber eyes searching her over in interest, but stole a glance at the doe with an odd sort of smile. Her lips were pressed together in a warm curve, as if it were some wonderful undisturbed secret, but it melted to curiosity when she glimpsed back at Nala. “What’s a tribe like, anyhow? Are you all really limited to one form?”

Nala
...meh, written with no muse. It went on vacation this week.

lily
Feb 15 2018, 10:52 AM / Post #: 37391 Quote

exiled preistess

notes:
As Nala listened to the woman's story she couldn't help but feel a pang at it. The girls mother and father had been married and it seemed as though her mother had dishonored that with the conception of Erestel. This had happened either right as she was born or before it, because she did not remember this and none would have spoken of it. If it even happened at Pride Rock. A marriage was a sacred thing to those who went through with it and one did not stray from those vows, on penalty of death. It was why they were challenged at Nahanda's so that things like that could not happen.

The typical punishment was to kill the two offenders, but if children were involved, such as an unborn cub they would wait until the cub was born and offer it to the offended to raise, if the offended rejected the child then it was raised among the tribe, in the temple as an orphan never knowing the true origins of their birth. I believe she did, but I fear the truth would be painful to hear. I do not know the circumstances as they happened before I was born, if they even happened in the Pride Lands at all, but your mother either willingly or was forced to, break sacred bonds which resulted in you. Your father was a very kind man, with much love in his heart. To raise a child that was not his own as his own was a large show of his character.

That was all she was willing to say on the matter unless the other woman asked. That would not surprise me that they told you that; she was likely killed on the new moon after you were born, as per tradition. She noted that her companion was speaking as if it were someone else's life, and perhaps it was, she would not have known the truth in any situation, and Nala herself could not understand it, she had been raised by her mother as one of her generation and her father had been one of the nameless males in her mother's generation.

She understood the concept of home, she had been missing it for the past two years and if her companion had found a home in the Deepwood then there had been no reason for her to find a tribe to live in. Which was fine, not all skin walkers lived in tribes. Tribe life is not required, but it does give one a sense of community. I am glad you found a home here though. You have community here which is something we all need, even the ones that live on their own like I did for several years.

At Erestel's question Nala smiled. I grew up in the main tribe at Pride Rock in Xehacora. My mother was a priestess of the Huntress, and I did not know my father. I was raised alongside the next ruler of the Pride Lands until he was killed when we were thirteen and then I devoted myself to my studies I was devastated by his loss. Then two years ago something happened and I was nearly broken. She closed her eyes for a moment. That being said, tribe life is not always that traumatic, and is actually very good. The community helps raise you, not just your parents, and you are given a sense of belonging. You belong to your generation and your generation belongs to you. Without my other friends from my generation I would not have survived losing my best friend. Though I only have one form, the lioness form you saw from when I was twelve, we are not limited to one form. We can have as many skins as we can handle as long as they are blessed at the Nahanda during the Wagaye.

BY MITZI

Erestel
Feb 20 2018, 10:31 PM / Post #: 37416 Quote

“It is not painful, but a little sad,” she replied at last. It seemed as if love mingled with grief. “There is no going back, no changing what happened. It’s over now. It suppose it is sad I never knew her, but I wouldn’t really know—I never had her to begin with,” she decided distantly.

“And even if that were the case with my father, what would it matter anyway?” Her expression lit with admiration, and she smiled warmly. “He never made me feel for an instant I wasn’t his own, and he raised me. He may not have been obligated to love me then, but he did anyway. He never made me feel like it needed to be acquired, never made me feel it wasn’t deserved. He was my father, and always will be. I have no other.”

As Nala finished her recount of tribe life, her expression softened and she gave a mirthless smile, but a sadness clouded her features as though she understood all too well what it meant to suffer at the hands of other people. “I will not ask you what happened, because it is not my place to ask it,” she spoke. “I will say that this was not always my home,” she started to explain, but there was a long pause, a hesitation in her voice. “I—I ran away shortly after my father was murdered. I didn’t think of the consequences—I don’t think I honestly cared at that moment. No one quite understood, and I don’t think I wanted them to, because that would mean they’d have to go through my pain, and I’d never wish that on them. I was lonely in some horrible, deep way, and for a flash of an instant I saw how deep it ran, and it scared me. I was thirteen. I didn’t know anything about the outside world. I never wanted to, but I knew I didn’t want to stay here either.” Her expression grimaced over the loss of her former self, and she swallowed back the anguish.

“I never imagined it could get worse then, but the world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; especially for a child. I was captured not long after I left, and put in a fighting ring for many years. They made me do monstrous things,” she confessed, but her resolve hardened. Her brows furrowed up in a knot, and her calm intensity twisted into awakening anger. “The more I fought it, the more monstrous things were done to me in return.” Erestel wasn’t sure what was more frightening, letting someone in, or letting her monsters out. “After a while I wasn’t sad anymore, I was numb—and somehow I knew that was worse. That kind of experience; it leaves a mark. You wage a war inside your head every single day for the rest of your life. If that’s not exhausting, I don’t know what is,” she determined in a soft voice, but there was an undertone of tenacity to it. Her pain did not determine her worth.

Nala
...meh. I don't like the quality of my reply, but it'll do. I'm sure the LOTR reference won't be hard to find. There are actually two in there, haha. The one might be easier than the other. Anyway, Erestel's superpower seems to be not processing emotion. At all. She's pretty blunted emotionally during this entire dialogue, but I didn't know how to show that.

lily
Mar 2 2018, 12:59 PM / Post #: 37604 Quote

exiled preistess

tagged: erestel
notes:
Nala listened to her new friend and smiled a bit. Perhaps a bit sadly and looked at her. It was a good way to think on things; but it was still distressing information that Nala had just give her. I never knew my father; I do not know what happened to him or if he is even still alive. It isn't quite the same as your situation but it is still painful. Sometimes not knowing what you had was more painful that knowing what you had and losing it. Because there were so many lost possibilities that never would have happened.

The priestess could tell that the other skinwalker truly admired her father, even if he wasn't her biological father he had loved her as if he were his own and for that Nala came to respect him and his daughter more. It sounds like he was a wonderful father and an amazing man. You have every reason to be proud of him and he would be very proud of the woman you have become. Nala had a bright smile on her face; it was rare that the man who took on his wife's bastard child raised it as his own without caring of the origins of the child's birth. Nala had seen instances where the husband had taken the child in only to punish it for its mother's actions and in situations like that the Priests would have to step in and take the child from him with the blessings of the elders at the Nahanda.

Nala took the chance to take a breather after her story and smiled kindly at Erestel's words. She was very polite and Nala could respect that. Thank you. Her words were quiet, before the other skinwalker began to speak again. And while she was curious about the murder, it was not her place to bring up painful memories, because clearly this was a painful story, just by the long pause at the beginning. She found herself moving over to the woman and comforting her as she spoke. Nala respected the fact that she was brave enough to tell her story. Perhaps she would do the same; it was only fair after all.

When I was thirteen, I lost my entire world too. My best friend, we literally did everything together. He was perhaps a few months older than me and the heir to our Tribe. We earned our first skins within months of each other and we learned how to live in them together. When we were thirteen and he almost fourteen there was a tragic accident that killed him and his father. Our tribe was lost without both of them, and the Chief that took over was an utter tyrant. In a way they were very similar; both had been through indescribable pain at thirteen and then had suffered great hardships afterwards. It was almost as if they had been fated to meet. Perhaps she was one of the allies The Forebearer had spoken of.

The lioness listened as her companion continued to speak and she could tell the woman was close to breaking down. She had been through many things, and she had risen above and become the woman she was today; and she had returned to her place of safety after she had broken free. Unfortunately she was not able to return to her safe place, that was in Xehacora where she had been tortured and raped repeatedly. It is a very exhausting war, both with yourself and the fear that those that you escaped from. I was only held for a month two years ago, but it was one of the most terrifying months of my life. There was something good that came out of it, however, I gained the best thing to happen to me, my son Ekundayo. Until things change in the Pride lands I can never go home. She sighed softly. I am sorry, I did not mean to turn this into "Who had the worst life experiences?" conversation but it seems that that is how this conversation went.

BY MITZI

Erestel
Mar 19 2018, 07:22 PM / Post #: 37769 Quote

Erestel was strange. Trauma hardly seemed to bother her, and yet the smallest, most trivial things could. Pain and suffering had become such an integral part of living that her heart was steeled against any future attempts, and she came to find that without it, life became a little dull for her tastes. She was clever enough to realize this was not normal, and kept that to herself. And honestly, it kind of concerned her too. She wasn’t sure her father would have been proud of the person she became, but she said nothing of the issue either and turned to console Nala.

Erestel laughed amicably, a gentleness to her tone. “It’s quite alright.”

It took some emotional intelligence to offset the delicate show of emotion. It was a careful, practiced language to her, and at times, she had to convince herself she truly felt at all. Most emotions no longer felt like her own, as if she were some puppet simply going through the correct motions. What remained was actually disillusion, an inability to feel properly. At times she viewed this as a blessing, and other times a curse. Even now, this felt strange, like there was some disconnection, as if she were lying because she could not full feel what she spoke. Half the time it felt as if the only thing guiding her through life was her sense of morality, and that she would be lost otherwise, but somewhere deep inside, she had faith this is how she felt—or could feel.

“I do not consider it the worst experience, though it was quite unfortunate. I mean—no, I would not willingly suffer it again, but I am grateful for the struggle. It made me who I am, and I cannot hate that, however much I try. It made me stronger, wiser, and I learned that while I might bend, I no longer break,” she smiled almost slyly. A spark of fire burned in her eyes, and the iron returned to her expression. Erestel now knew one core thing—she was a fighter, a survivor, no matter the odds, and no matter the costs. There was a confidence she could walk through hellfire and know she would come out emotionally unburnt.

“We all have our own battles to face, and we must fight through them and stand our ground in order to see the hits for what they truly are. A blacksmith, who through fire, can forge something broken into something remarkable. Our strength does not come from victories, but our hardships.”

For Erestel, she wanted to believe she was unafraid of the men that hunted her. She was prepared, almost happy to have them dare to try and drag her back. She relished the opportunity to show her indignance, that she would kill a thousand men before she’d let one try and make her a slave a second time. There was no question she would show them exactly the monster they’d created, even if it cost every last breath in her body.

For her, the fear of what she escaped was the least of her problems. It was the constant war between what felt human, and what was primal. It was the fear she was a better animal than she was a human. That fear made her intensely aware of all the tiniest ways she fell short as a human. All the ways she felt vulnerable, and all the ways she felt broken. It was the fear of not knowing who she was, or where she belonged. It was the quiet fear of whether she truly was a monster, or worth redemption. And ultimately, it was the fear that if someone saw her as she saw herself, they would loathe her as much as she did. That fear terrified her and ran her bones cold. It was a constant war between what she felt, and what she knew. Never had she dealt with anything more difficult than her own soul.

Erestel already surmised this would stay true the rest of her life. That she would have to beat back the demons day after day, with no regard to how tired she felt of fighting the same battle. The demons would not rest, and neither could she.

“I am sorry for your loss.” Erestel understood that was the proper thing to say, and said it with enough convincing empathy, but the words made her strangely uncomfortable because of the lack of sincerity her heart felt. She could not feel sorry, for she hadn’t known them to understand their worth, and the loss it created.

“Why does your tribe follow a tyrant? That seems—” she paused and raised a questioning brow, “—senseless.” Erestel became suddenly aware she might be perceived as intrusive, maybe even thoughtless, and retracted her words. “I didn’t mean to pry. You owe me no explanations.”

Nala
...sorry this took forever.

lily
Apr 21 2018, 05:29 PM / Post #: 38073 Quote

Exiled Priestess
The reassurance that everything was alright, left Nala feeling slightly better, but not fully. She still felt bad that she had managed to turn it into a comparison match. At least Erestel didn't seem to mind. It seemed they had both learned from their time and grown from it. How it had affected Erestel was yet to be seen fully. The other skinwalker seemed off somehow and Nala wasn't sure if she wanted to know why, though she would probably find out sooner or later, It was almost like she was disconnected from everything. Nala had felt that way for a while, but then Ekundayo was born and he had helped her reconnect as she had had a small creature to care for, protect and love.

"Sometimes our struggles make us stronger, though we would not wish to go through them again. I am grateful for several things from that time; one of which being my son." Nala was glad to see a spark of something coming from the woman before her. She grew more confident before Nala and that was a good thing. They understood each other, they had both walked through fire, and though they had burned, they had come out stronger and could walk through the fire again if need be. "I agree completely my friend."

Nala did not know what was going on in Erestel's mind, but she did give a small smile at her condolences. "It was many years ago, and though I mourn him the pain is no longer as strong and debilitating. I have moved on." It wasn't an exact lie, some days the pain was worse than others, especially when she looked at her child. The child that should have been his.

"He is the ruler of the Tribe... we are bound to follow him regardless of how he rules us. Those that run are considered traitors and.. can be killed on sight for their crimes. By rights I am a traitor, but yet the Huntsman deemed me worthy of being his High Priestess instead of one of his Anointed." She figured that would mean little to Erestel, but to her it was a huge honor she was not sure she deserved.

Tag: Erestel

Notes: Sorry if this sucks

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.