Add Reply
New Poll

Light Reading, Open;;
Aristillus the Starmaker
 Posted: Sep 30 2016, 11:37 PM
Aristillus the Starmaker

and I heard 'em say

nothings ever promised tomorrow today

The cosmos was a stranger and more complex place than most people gave it credit for full of mysteries to solve, creatures to meet and things to strive for as the mind of men and fae alike evolved, discovering new sciences, new technologies, magical spells, potions and techniques. Oh yes it was no easy task to document their growth and progress, especially in the wake of the Blight where he had directed his countless sons and daughters away from Ga’leah, Allutheria and the kingdoms they both harbored. These days, while it was true the god of knowledge was still possessor of the fastest mind in all the known realms and still putting it to work to find a way to contain the Blight it seemed his ever growing archives were progressing at a snail’s pace. These days, it was only a single weakened god attempting to add to his collection.

Already considered a minor god at best, unless it was the star festival or final examinations at the sortilege, he had learned not to expect much in the way of offerings. If they wished to know things about their neighbors (a popular ibid among human), while questionable at best, they relied on a certain mischief making tree rodent to dig up dirty little secrets, if they wished to pray to the heavenly bodies, it was usually Selene and Helios who got the most attention and as for temples? There were various alters dedicated to the star god scattered throughout the kingdoms, occasionally found in Selene’s temples and occasionally in his father’s, where people could leave him offerings, questions and utter their prayers. This had been one of many said temples, one of few nights that fell outside the realm of the ordinary in which somebody willingly left him an offering and a series of scrolls to be added to his collection.

The temple of the forbearer was a marvel of engineering and architecture, designed to last through the elements, the ages and the ravages of war, there was no doubt it showed its age, but despite everything it’s been through, all the people who came and went through its towering doors, it still seemed as magnificent as its opening day. Dressed in the cloak of a visiting pilgrim and his head veiled by a cloak, Aristillus moved about the temple quietly, moving passed clergy and worshipper alike, looking for his alter and the offerings supposedly left for him. It was a maze of corridors, prayer rooms, archives and alters, but the god seemed to move through it all with little presence and even less difficulty.

Moving past archways, doorways, walkways and the like until he finally arrived at the altar dedicated to him. While not necessarily elaborate or impressive as the rest of his father’s temple, it was still a beautiful sight. A wall painted to reflect the vastness of the cosmos and the beauty of the constellations, above it all hung a sign. Written in the language of the sands it asked visitors a single question “What secrets does the cosmos hold?” and below it a very simple answer “The joy is in finding out.” Waiting for the room to clear and silence to fall upon the altar, the god moved out of the darkness and into the light of the torches. Removing the hood from his close and laying his hand upon the offerings, he proceeded to open them right then and there rolling open the papyrus. With a look of interest and curiosity in those dark eyes, they darted from left to right from one paragraph to another, trying to absorb what knowledge they had to offer and if they had any knowledge to offer at all.

TAG: name name
WORDS: ###
NOTES: notes, yo!
♔ nickdiazfan
^
Percius Marillac
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 03:53 AM
It's not easy being green.
Xehacora
Human

tag
character/rper

outfit
descrip/link

notes
notes here

credit
this is not the end.
I might be down, but don't count me out I might be down, but I'll turn it around might fall down, but I get back up I'm gonna pull my weight and push my luck I'm gonna stand and fight, and give it all I can It's not over til it's over
The world had seemed big before, when he was a man. He’d been better traveled then with more options available to him in terms of travel. Now…now he was a very small green tree frog whose ability to get from one place to another was reduced to hops that barely covered the distance of a third of his former strides, or an awkward crawl that was not facilitated by the location of his legs on his tiny frog body. The one advantage the frog seemed to have over his human form were the sticky pads at the tips of his toes and the very slight nature of his brilliant green frame. The sultan thought he was a prisoner of the palace,and perhaps in some ways he was, but in others he was very much free to go wherever he chose…so long as he was willing to take his life in his hands to do so.

This day, he had waited patiently at the corridor outside of the gardens and jumped onto the hem of a robe, hanging on for dear life with those same, sticky pads, and letting the figure take him as far as seemed advantageous to his destination.

One at a time he had jumped from garment to garment, always dodging the large feet and crushing footsteps that would have ended his life with a single wrong move. And for what? His mother would have laughed at him. She’d had no faith in the gods when he was young and still living beneath her roof in the palace. She played at being just religious enough to appease those that remained from the times of religious fervor when Xehacora had been the capital of religion in Ga’leah. But she did not believe and she did not pay tribute. She certainly did not pray. For Percy’s part, he prayed more than he thought either of his brother’s did. But the things he prayed for, he knew, were likely highly irregular. The strength to remain loveless and alone for the rest of his life lest his mother have another pawn to use in her torrid games…and the wisdom enough to fool all of those who shared his own blood who would no doubt want him dead if only they knew the tender heart that beat within his breast. He was not like them and never would be, a fact that he kept carefully guarded and hidden beneath a facade of wanton excess and idiocy. All done in the name of remaining alive and helping who he could when he could.

He found himself in the Forebearer’s temple soon enough. His chosen destination that day. Keeping close to the edges of the room and corridors, he made his way slowly and methodically, unsure of where he would find what he was seeking. It was embarrassing to have nothing to offer. It could be considered rude to visit an altar with any sort of prayer or request with nothing to show to offer in exchange. But he was a frog and had no pockets nor anything of any true value to offer. Besides, what was the worst that could happen? No curse that could be leveled on him or smiting that could be done would be worse than the two curses that already plagued him. He was fairly resolute in that belief.

Still, even after he had arrived he had hung back, in a corner in the dark, considering what he wanted to say or ask or request or if he would simply lack the nerve to do any of the three now that he was at the altar to the Starmaker. Whilst pondering such things, a new man entered cloaked and seemingly in no more of a hurry than Percy himself. The little green frog watched as everyone else filed from the room and left the alone. Watched as the man lifted scrolls from the altar and began to read. If he’d still had the benefit of facial expressions, he might have frowned. But frogs did not frown, nor did they smile or scowl or do much of anything besides blink, sadly. “The gods may not be at their full power these days,” Percy observed, raising his voice to be heard from his position on the floor in a distant corner. “But reading something intended for one of them…egads, man, that does require a bit more gall than I thought even a Solharan man capable of. Least you could do is give me time to exit before the wrath of the heavens rains down upon us.”

--------------------

Most Diverse Characters:

BARD

Biggest Thread Hoarder (Member):

BARD

user posted image user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aristillus the Starmaker
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 01:37 PM
Aristillus the Starmaker

and I heard 'em say

Studious eyes darted back and forth from right to left across the pages, as dark eyes collected information quickly, reading and rereading, the mind of the Starmaker started making mental notes and places of reference to be reviewed for study later. From what he read it seemed like jibberish, the writings of a madman or the dictation of a man who probably had too much to drink. However while most would probably dismiss it as just at, in the case of the Starmaker, the lord of the stars and keeper of knowledge, he knew when it came to these sort of things, the most parsimonic explaination while the most preferred, wasn’t always right. Because while it was indeed true that there were many who held grudges against the pantheon and even a certain squirrel who wasn’t above filling his altar and other altars with junk, to him neither answer was satisfactory to him. Examining the scroll, he didn’t think it was written by Ratatoskr’s hand, nor did it reek of applejack, while there were many unsettling words, thrown in none of them seemed to be directed at him or the pantheon. To him, it felt as if there was something between the lines and as if there was something he wasn’t seeing. That the scrolls were a riddle or a puzzle that held a message for him to decode and hopefully discover, somewhere in a jumble of strange words and sentences.

He had been half-way through examining it the umpteenth time and beginning to consider to take his leave, when he heard what appeared to be a plaintiff voice coming from the shadows. Because of the ingenuous designs of the Solharans and their idea to build the temple to amplify acoustics so the gods could hear their prayers and blessings, he had no trouble hearing the voice, however it became rather difficult for him to place it. Putting the hood back over his head and turning around, his eyes darted around, looking for the source and the person speaking to him, however as far as he could see the room was apparently empty, leaving only him and the phantom stranger who was speaking to him from parts unknown. Listening to him speak, he seemed rather amused from what he was saying and actually somewhat proud that there was someone speaking up for him and the property of the pantheon. A slight smirk formed upon those lips. ”Well who is it that speaks for the gods? Is it the clergy?” he said jovially. ”I do not see them” he continued. ”Is it an oracle perhaps?”[/color] he asked. ”No, I do not see one…in fact I see nobody” he continued. ”So is it the product of my mind? Has it begun to deceive me?” he asked.

”Well I am not Solharan, however I can tell you that you would be surprised what they are capable of and what they’ve been known to do…especially when they have a full liver” the god said. ”I admit, normally though I would not read them here” he explained. ”However in all my years doing this I have yet to see the wrath of the pantheons rain down upon me for doing so” he continued. ”So I can assure you that you are probably safe” he said with a nod.

”Anyway, back to you” he said. ”Assuming you are not the product of an overly active mind, why not reveal yourself?” he asked the voice curiously. ”I assure you I come in peace and I do not think that there is much that can shock or frighten me away. have seen things and made choices most people could hardly even imagine.” he continued. ”In addition, it is only polite you face someone when speaking to them” he commented.

TAG: @Percius
♔ nickdiazfan
^
Percius Marillac
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 03:57 AM
Xehacora
Human

tag
character/rper

outfit
descrip/link

notes
notes here

credit
this is not the end.
I might be down, but don't count me out I might be down, but I'll turn it around might fall down, but I get back up I'm gonna pull my weight and push my luck I'm gonna stand and fight, and give it all I can It's not over til it's over
Percy did not know what he was expecting to happen in response to his interruption, but he also made no movement to leave his hiding place in the shadowed corners of the room either. Had he been a man, he would have been more bold, most certainly. He would not have feared whatever reprisals the man might try to enact against him and would have been only too happy to draw his sword and put his combat acumen to the test. But frogs could not carry swords much less fight with them. Despite all of that, he could not help but utter a croakish laugh at the question. “Clergy? Sink me, but I’d make a dreadful priest. Don’t have the discipline for it, I’m afraid. I cannot speak to your sanity, though, my good man, so may well be crazy yet. Though I assure you, I am quite alive.”

The prince could hardly fault the man’s argument. He did not behave as if this was her first time attempting to purloin objects from a god’s altar. He was also still alive, which seemed to lend some credence to the argument that he had not yet been smited for his actions. Though, beneath the hood, he could be a hideous beast for all that Percius knew.

Percius was not a coward. He might pretend to be one when anyone of note was watching, but deep down cared too deeply to ever turn his back on those in need. This time, it just so happened that he himself was the one in need, and his fear of remaining as a frog, helpless and unable to foil any more of his mother’s plans was terrifying. If the thief before the altar had been reading documents meant for the Starmaker as long as he claimed, than perhaps he could provide assistance that Percy had been unable to receive elsewhere. So, with a sigh, he jumped out of the shadows and into the light, far enough into the room that the man would be able to see him. His small, bright green form, was hard to miss against the temple floor.

“Zounds, man, you can accuse me of being a great many things, but rude is hardly one I will allow to pass from your lips unchallenged. I can assure you that I have been educated in the customs of a great many of the cultures of both Ga’leah and Allutheria and pride myself in being quite the social butterfly…” The mention of butterflies made him a little hungry. Why did frogs have to eat so much and so often?

“I have no more connection to the gods than any of mankind, but I consider myself to be a faithful parishioner nonetheless. And please do not mistake my comments to be offensive to the Solharans. I find myself a dependent upon their charity and have yet to be disappointed by the diamonds in their midst. Society can be cruel and reputations can be misleading. I should know that better than most.”

PMEmail
^
Aristillus the Starmaker
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 05:16 PM
Aristillus the Starmaker

and I heard 'em say

Looking around, he could see that things weren’t like they used to be. While not necessarily the most popular god in the pantheon, there was a time when his shrine was a very different place. It was clean and kept up, maintained by priests and priestesses who had been trained in all manner of rhetoric and logic. In the room there were people seeking guidance and answers who came from all across Solhara with all kinds of scrolls tomes and grimoires, offerings to the god of knowledge and a token of their appreciation. But those days seemed to be gone, the place was barely even acknowledged by the priests and pilgrims, signs of a new age of waning faith for the pantheon. ”It is a shame, as priests are in such a decline and I doubt the fall of the pantheon has done much for the vocation” he said with a sigh. ”Also I must admit as few as there are, there are not many who I like. Certainly not like they used to be” he said shaking his head.

The god laughed jovially at the thought. ”Well that makes two of us, but I guess I would not have been much of an intellectual if I was not a little eccentric. However I am rather relieved. I already have quite an active conscience, I imagine the last thing I need is another voice in my mind” the god told him. ”However it relieves me to know you are alive, since the blight it seems death is not as permanent as we used to think it was” he said half-jokingly.

Hearing that voice echo, it naturally took him a moment or so to place it as that of the frog’s. Leaping out and into the open, the god indeed was true to his word. He did not flinch, he did not shriek, he didn’t even seem slightly surprised, he simply knelt down to greet the creature, as he would any other. But then again he was the star lord a man who had known much and seen much more stranger things throughout the cosmos. ”Well it seems good manners and grace are alive, well and in the most unlikely of places” he said to him. ”Well you certainly strike me as the vocal type, but then again most frogs tend to be” he told him. ”Do tell me what do you call yourself?” he asked him curiously.

”Vir fidellis…” he smirked.”…a faithful man” he continued. ”I understand, the Solharans can be very hospitable in some places” he said to him. He listened to his words in silence, rather pleased with what he heard. He claimed to be an educated individual, however proved to be a wise one. Being a frog seemed to have taught him well, seemingly more like a man than most humans were. ”Wise words, very wise words.” he nodded to the little creatures.

”While I wear many titles, I certainly do not want “rude” or “hypocrite” to be among them” he told the frog. Removing his hood he revealed the face and the man beneath it. While obscure, while somewhat haggard looking from his long and busy journeys, he hoped a practicing man…frog of faith would be able to recognize him. ”I am the Starmaker, son of the forbearers, father to the stars, keeper of knowledge and lord of the cosmos” he nodded introducing himself. ”I welcome you to my altar and only apologize I cannot be as hospitable as your current Solharan hosts, but as you see my offerings are somewhat slim” he said holding up the scrolls. ”These are the first I have seen in the longest time”

♔ nickdiazfan
^
Percius Marillac
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 05:27 PM
Xehacora
Human

tag
character/rper

outfit
descrip/link

notes
notes here

credit
this is not the end.
Percy was faced with a dilemma, one that typically did not give him pause but which stilled his words for a moment in this instance nonetheless. Since he was a child, Percy had been quick with a name when pressed for one, and never was it his own. He was good with lies, even if it was a talent he wished he did not possess, and could cook up a believable tale in a matter of moments with no preparation time and keep the lark going for as long was necessary. It was a skill he had first developed when he had been attempting to trick his mother into believing he was an imbecile, and had continued well into his adulthood as he did his best to thwart her misdeeds and assist his ‘brother’ in acts of deviance against the crown and Xehacoran society. It should have been easy for him to lie again, to put forth a name that was not his own in an effort to keep his mother uninformed of his current fate and his secret safe. This time, he hesitated because if he sought to find help in curing the curse that afflicted him, would it not be best to tell the truth to this man, whoever he was, and hope that his faith was not misplaced? “I call myself Percy.” He answered after a moment’s pause, resolute in his decision to speak the truth to this man…at least in answer to any questions he might pose.

He could not explain why, but Percy was quite pleased to hear this man call him wise. He was well educated, that much was certain, no prince of Xehacora could be anything less. But knowing things and understanding things were two very different things. He sought wisdom when he could but he hardly considered himself wise. There were far too many things in the world he had yet to understand. If he ever could. His mother chief among them.

It was only the limited facial expressions of the frog that kept Percy’s surprise from reflecting on his face. His mouth fell open slightly, he blinked several times, hard enough that his bulbous red eyes receded into his head with each hard blink, but aside from that there was no change to his little green face. He did, however, effect a quick and deep bow. It was as close to prostration as a frog could get given the placement of arms and legs and the lack of a proper neck.

Well, now, here, was the sign that he had made the proper decision in speaking the truth to this man. But there was no need to await further questioning to continue speaking such truth. Clearing his throat with a rough little croak, Percy straightened as much as he could and declared in a sharp, clear voice. “Since you have begun with complete honesty, my lord, allow me to reward you in kind. I am Prince Percius Amadeo Vilhelm Marillac second son of Queen Maleficent Marillac of the Kingdom of Xehacora.” He affected a somewhat awkward but well practiced bow, quite a feat from the form of a frog.

PMEmail
^
Aristillus the Starmaker
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 01:20 AM
Aristillus the Starmaker

and I heard 'em say

While Aristillus himself was quick to show express his frustrations and annoyances, for the most part they were more often than not projected at abstract thoughts and inanimate objects. That question he couldn’t quite figure out, the failure of his magic in the wake of the blight, all fair game and quick to trigger his temper. However it was rare that Aristillus himself would actually direct it at a single person. For as long as he existed, Aristillus prided himself on being a benevolent and patient god who rarely turned his wrath on the people of Ga’leah. However in this one particular case, for this one particular person, he found himself struggling to keep that presence and that reputation that had tended to precede him.

By now it was no secret the history he had with Maleficent and just how much she had offended him by cursing the daughter he had gifted to the world below. To say that he was angry would be putting it mildly and it became disturbingly clear as sparks of dark matter cackled from his fist. Looking down at the frog, he realized just what kind of position he was in and what kind of opportunity the fates had gifted him. Before him was the son of his enemy, helpless, humbled and oh so vulnerable. Gazing down at that waxy skin and those glassy eyes, he thought of a thousand different fates for the frog and a thousand different ways he could exact revenge against the dark queen for what she did to his daughter. He could banish him to a place so far his mother could never find him, he could exile him to the planet of the Reveler and watch as he was crushed beneath the weight of countless Ga’leahs or if he was feeling particularly violent he could simply stomp on the vermin right then and there and be done with it.

”You are the son of Maleficent?!?!” he barked as his eyes began to glow with an eerie radiance of blue and black. From behind the walls grew dark as dark matter, the fabric of the cosmos itself began to flood the room, extinguishing light and threatening to blow the roof off the temple. Pulsating, pumping and surrounding the two, the place looked as if it would collapse at any moment. ”It would only be fair if I blasted you to the Soul Reaper herself, cursed you to a more painful fate after what she did to my daughter” he spat. But as the bolts flashed and the room became dark, Aristillus let out a sigh before dismissing the energy he had summoned, shaking his head for a moment and taking a deep breath. ”But it wouldn’t be the right thing would it?” he asked. ”As far as I know, you were not to blame and from the look of things, life is already quite abject for you as is” he muttered. ”I will not harm you” he admitted. ”However do not mistake my mercy for weakness. he muttered.

Dismissing the last of the dark matter and allowing light to enter the room, the god took another breath. ”Please tell me your presence here is not a sign of disrespect, nor that you’ve come to deliver bad news about my daughter or my personal champion” he said to the tiny frog, shaking his head and assuming the worst.

♔ nickdiazfan
^
Percius Marillac
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 03:39 AM
Xehacora
Human

tag
character/rper

outfit
descrip/link

notes
notes here

credit
this is not the end.
The god’s reaction was nearly exactly what Percy had anticipated. He knew what his mother was. He knew exactly what she was and who she was and what she did. He was as ashamed of his mother as any boy in Ga’leah and had spent much of his adolescent and adult life struggling to both atone for her sins and set himself apart from the black mark she was determined to leave upon the world. He watched the crackle of energy at the god’s hands and felt the atmosphere in the room change as his anger mounted. But Percy did not move. Frogs were not gifted many facial expressions, but the prince did his best to appear resolute. He would face whatever fate awaited him at the hands of this god. He had determined to speak on the truth, and the truth he had spoken.

He did not move as the room grew dark. Perhaps this was the end. Death had come for him at last. He had always suspected that his mother would be the cause, whether she did the deed or it was because of her that the deed was done. He regretted only that he had not been able to do more with his life. Help more people. Make more of a difference. Stop her and the pain she caused once and for all. Alas, that was for another hero, it seemed, no doubt a better one to be sure.

Percy was as prepared for his death as he could have been, determined to face it with honor and with courage. He would not cower. “I am not my mother.” He began softly. “If it were not for the resemblances here and there and those who witnessed the birth of the Precious Prince of Xehacora I would question my parentage. I confess, I do not know your daughter nor am I certain of what champion you speak. I doubt that a frog or Maleficent’s son could be of any use to you, great God of Knowledge, but I can promise that if were a way for me to aid them I would do so without question. I am not my mother. I do not let my anger consume me. I do not hate. I do not even hate her, and after the things I have witnessed her doing, the few things I have stopped her from doing…I question sometimes if I am a fool for loving her still, for trying to see the goodness in her because surely there is none.” His voice had taken on a sad note now as he ended on a long suffering sigh.

“I am not here to offer disrespect but only devotions and prayers and treatises for knowledge. Until…my affliction began, I had been trying very hard to oppose my mother and the things she has done. She had a predisposition for stealing young girls…doing things to them with her magic. Terrible things. When I could, which was not often enough I fear, I would do what I could to free them before she did her dark deeds. I would give them money to escape the kingdom, to build a new life, to get away before she destroyed them. Now that I am here. Now that I am this. I fear what will happen in Xehacora. Even one life lost that I could have saved is too many and here, like this, I am truly worthless. I mean only to discover the nature of my curse and how it can be lifted so that I can return to Xehacora without fearing how my mother would take advantage of my affliction…and then to return to whatever minor acts of heroism I might be able to muster under her ever watchful eye.”

“In truth, my lord, I would not blame you if you punished me for the evils my mother has done. But I thank your mercy. It seems these days that compassion is very hard to come by.”

Percy fell silent for several long moments, awaiting the god's response. Outside, night was falling and the same stars that the Starmaker and created to fill the sky were just beginning to shed their light upon the darkness. As the sun's last rays dipped beneath the horizon, the frog felt a shiver of something indescribable pass over his spine. It was a crawling sensation not unlike that he felt when he donned D'artagnan's clothes But different somehow. How he could not say, for from one moment to the next, the frog was gone and a young man stood in his place looking bewildered as he cast a wary gaze around and unfamiliar temple. He did not know what he was doing here or how he had gotten here from the Yarrow, but the imposing man before him seemed to be of much more concern at the present moment than his whereabouts. If only the imposing man had been given a single moment to shed his wisdom upon the situation. Alas, that was not to be.

PMEmail
^
Tahir Nejem
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 06:31 PM
http://onceanightmare.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2257
The light had slipped through the window the morning ripped you away
Archived
Human

RIP
He finally had her safe and sound. His own recovery had been mostly swift, taking quite the blow and damaging what had been a perfectly usable leg. He still moved with a slight give in his gait, but for the most part, he was better. Having Aurora around was strange; but strange in a good way. He felt as though he finally had the missing piece he had been searching for his entire life; and it was time to make sure he never lost that piece again.

Tahir had intentions to marry Aurora so that she would be his Sultana and rule by his side in Solhara. He hoped that having her as his bride might bind their kingdoms and Solhara would lend aid to rebuild the kingdom that had fallen to the blight. Still, there was much to do before a marriage could take place, and it was only right that Tahir seek out the Starmaker to request his daughter’s hand in marriage. What do you say to a God? How would he even know where to find the lord of the stars? Before, he had been summoned, there had been no searching that had to take place.

The sword. That was what he needed. Together they had forged the magnificent blade and Aristillus had crowned Tahir his own champion; the prince that would rescue his daughter. Tahir had done just that, but he had not seen the Starlord since that day.

When Tahir set out, blade in hand, he couldn’t help but wipe the grin off of his face. He could feel the blade speaking to him, leading him. Perhaps this was the way Aristillus had intended the blade to operate; as some kind of beacon, and it pointed him the the direction of the temple. Had he been that blind? When do Gods spend time in their own temples?

It felt serene here; it was empty and silent on the outside and so Tahir pushed inside. He could hear the last bits of a conversation, but the voices were too muffled for him to make out the sounds. Before the altar stood the God himself and Tahir loosened the grip on the hilt of the blade. The voice had not come from Aristillus, but he did not see anyone else in the room.

Tahir shut the doors behind him with a thud, approaching the place where the God stood. When Tahir approached closer, he knelt in respect, wincing slightly at the ache it created in his leg. ”Aristillus, I come to make a request of your blessing.” The Solharan Prince hesitated before getting to his feet, his eyes studying the God before him. Surely he knew that his daughter was being safely kept in Solhara.

--------------------

PMAIM
^
The Boogeyman
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 11:25 PM
I am Fire, I am Fear.
Allutheria
Dragon

tag: Olivia
I am fire, I am fear
A Dragon.

The loss of her beloved had crippled her. Though he lived on, his rejection spurned her heart. it 'had to be this way' he said, and referenced the political gain that he would need in this world. He could take care of them both, but it would be with someone else. Melusina clutched her breast and fell to the floor distraught at his refusal, but it was his final word. She sought comfort in the only way she knew how: vengeance and destruction.

Her mother had embraced her when she arrived. Echidna was not one to shy away from the black dragon, but instead, delight in her presence. Melusina was once again reminded of who she was, what blood flowed through her veins, and what purpose she could set on. She was a dragon, a demigoddess, the forbidden union had produced a monster, nay, a nightmare and she had been slumbering far too long. Ignited with a purpose, Melusina had returned to Fynnon and held a private audience with her highness, Queen Maleficent.

She was consoled by the queen and then counseled on how to constructively harness her grief. "It is just not written in the stars", she queen had said making mention of Melusina's broken heart. When the dragon pressed her for answers, Maleficent reminded her of fate and how Time and the stars often dictated reality. It came together now. The prince refused her because the stars did not align. Melusina grit her teeth knowing who was to blame… the one god who could rearrange them.

With her purpose clear to her, and Maleficent's words to guide her, Melusina took to the skies to once again, the dark shadow of a dragon grazed over the green hillsides of Ga'Leah. The queen told her where to go. She knew where she would find the Starmaker and the Prince. There was little hope Percy would stand against Aristillus so Maleficent sent the daughter she never had. The dragon's shadow glided over the country side and soon to the sand. No longer tethered to secrecy, Melusina took herself to the very place she knew Percy and the Starmaker to be.

Guards were posted, but they were little to no trouble for her. Those from Fynnon recognized her and let her pass. Those that dare oppose her had a worse fate. She could hear the terrified shouts and screams outside, people claiming they had seen a dragon, but Mel merely smirked. It was time the world knew her name and knew her fire. She had been cast aside, burned by the Crowned Prince and now the rest of the world would burn with her and fall to chaos.

She heard the last bit of the conversation a familiar voice spoke, "In truth, my lord, I would not blame you if you punished me for the evils my mother has done. But I think your mercy. It seems these days that compassion is very hard to come by." The dragon raised a brow and growled to herself. " Indeed," she muttered, and then made her presence known in the room as she forced the doors open. There she saw the prince kneeling. Her teeth grit in her mouth. That should have been her moment. The crowned prince of Xecohara should be asking for her hand, but instead she was cast side because of a title and crown. It appeared, yet, another princess would get a storybook ending. Not today.

Sarcastically, Melusina clapped her hands together slowly to mock happiness. "Well," she said dangerously, eyeing the two princes and then the Starmaker, "it seems I have arrived just in time." She could feel the angry rise up in her as she looked Aristillus over with her haunting blue eyes. As they looked back to her, she sneered, "Do you know why I have come, Aristillus?" her dangerous eyes locked on him, her teeth grit. "You took something from me." He was a stern man and showed no signs of wavering in his silence, so Melusina continued.

"You know what it is, don't you, oh wise one?" Her eyes broke from him a moment as she searched the room for the familiar scent. He was here, but she could not see him, not yet anyways. It didn't matter. He could run from her and hide, but he could not save the Starkeeper from his fate. His time was up.

With Aristillus' silence, she began to feel the rage boil within her. Walking towards him, she growled, "You took him from me, and everything we built together," her voice dropped a bit, angered, precise, and deadly. "You allowed me to fall from his graces, it was not written in your stars. You cannot mend what has happened, but I demand payment," a cold moment hung between them as she growled the next words, "I will have your life for this."

Melusina was no fool. She knew the kneeling price before her would try to be heroic, she also knew that Percius was here somewhere. Perhaps in this very room, cloaked, no matter, he would witness the Stars fall. Quickly she dropped her eyes to the prince and growled, "This is a war of gods and monsters boy, you would be wise to remove yourself least you fall as well. I will show you no mercy if you stand between the dragon and the prey." Hissing her last words she looked back to Aristillus and growled, "Have you come to accept your fate, Starmaker?" His silence infuriated her.

"It's best that way," she growled, and in that moment… she allowed her true form to flourish. There was a crackled of magic and a flash of light, but once eyes were adjusted to the room again, they would see before them not a women, but instead the mythical dragon. Curling her lip to expose rows of dagger like teeth, the dragon let loose a deafening roar to warn away any would be heroes. She was large in the small room and very, very set on maiming the Starmaker. Rising up, she stretched out her wings and showed off her massive size to the prince in the room. Eyes locking with Aristillus, she snorted and huffed, [i]"Choose your weapon, Starmaker, for it will be your last."

♥ spenny

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.