Add Reply
New Poll

Midnight Afternoon, tags mel
Alexandrea Morana
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 02:35 AM
I don't understand why people think immortals are wise. If I had all the time in the world to grow up I wouldn't.
Calladahn
Fae/Skinwalker

It wasn’t that Andrea was afraid of the dark. In fact, most of the time she loved it. Her mutilated form was gifted with excellent night vision. It had always made her job a little easier too, but now she wasn’t all that excited. The night had lasted for a long time now…surely a few days at least, if not a week? It was difficult to say, since the sun no longer rose. And the stars were not as bright as they should have been. In fact, it seemed like some had disappeared entirely, yet Andrea was certain that there weren’t any clouds. Maybe she was just going a little crazy, but she was pretty sure something was wrong. Needless to say, she’d spent a little more time as the du cytrhaul the last day or so than usual. In fact, she hadn’t been in her humanoid form for over twenty-four hours. Naturally, she was keen to avoid another situation like what had happened in the fighting arena, when she almost hadn’t been able to transform back into herself. Yet she was confident that she could maintain a form like this for several days at a time, so she wasn’t going to start worrying yet.

Eager to get out of the woods, with the Starving ever lurking and the constant darkness making it more difficult to spot them between the trees, Andrea looked up for a possible exit. Seeing nothing, she turned in a circle, attempting to get her bearings. By the gods...it was so dark, that even with her excellent sight, she was beginning to struggle. She needed to get above the trees, because what little light was left from the stars and the distant beacon of Caerleon. She’d run across it yesterday, and had seen hundreds of citizens flocking towards it. Perhaps she ought to start heading closer. At the very least, she needed to get out of these damn woods.

Deciding to take a new route, she sized up a large tree near her, staring up into its branches, trying to gauge just how easy or difficult it would be to climb. Due to the equine nature of her beast form, Andrea was not terribly good at climbing. However, with good sized talons and teeth, she might just be able to pull it off. Rearing up, she managed to wrap her claws around the lowest branch, and with an awkward bounce, scrambled up onto it. The branch sagged a bit worryingly, so she latched onto the trunk with another claw, then reached for a higher branch with another. For once, she was actually quite glad that it was dark; the spectacle she made trying to climb a tree was probably worthy of a circus. Hovering a moment, she managed to get her hind feet on the first branch and leap upwards to the next one. Gods this was going to take forever.

Several tedious minutes, and a few head smacks later the tree was beginning to wobble under her weight, and Andrea decided it was time to fly. After ripping away a few branches in her way, she raised her wings, and started to try for takeoff. While she had cleared enough of the branches to do this successfully, the lack of momentum was tricky. She bobbled a few times fruitlessly, then stopped, looking up the tree to see if she could get any more height. When the tree wobbled dangerously, she stopped, cursing to herself. “Why in the hell did you think you needed to go wandering through the forest?” She hissed. Driven now by he own irritation, she decided to try again. Only this time, she was going to do something else. Balancing carefully on the wobbly branch, she began to pump awkwardly up and down, bobbing the branch up and down and praying that it would hold. Then, she opened her wings slightly, letting the air catch them a bit, giving her more height and then a bit more bounce as she came down again. Counting carefully in her head, she did this twice more, then on the fourth time, she hunched down, and launched herself up into the air, spreading her wings and beating them for all they were worth.

By some miracle, she managed to stay up in the air, and once she got going, she felt herself relax significantly; she hadn’t realized just how suffocating it had been down there. Up here she could still see a couple of the stars, however faint they might have been. Her vision was much improved over what had really been quite close to pitch black; even the best eyes in all of Ga’leah were useless if there was no light at all. Settling into a rhythm, she decided on going towards Caerleon where there was liable to be more light, more activity, and more news. And up here, she was free, unfettered, and unchallenged – for what other creature could possibly be up in the skies at a time like this?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Most Inspiring Writer:

BONES

PM
^
The Boogeyman
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 10:44 PM
I am Fire, I am Fear.
Allutheria
Dragon

tag: Niece
I am fire, I am fear, I am destruction, I am death
DRAGON

Darkness cloaked the sky, the trees, the ground below her. It embraced the blackened scales of the mighty dragon and allowed her to glide effortlessly through the night sky without stirring a panic. Her large form was unseen, but the sound of steady beating wings would be heard upon the horizon and unsettling to those who felt it's gust. There was only rumors of a dragon taking to the skies. They said it was the first one in thousands of years and the living vengeance reborn. That is what they said, and in fact, it was not far from the truth.

She was the child of Vengeance, brought upon this land to rain hellfire upon them and watch as they tormented one another through the ashes. She had been unleashed upon this world by Maleficent and now, under the guise of night, her fire would glow brighter than anything the humans had yet seen. She would burn them all to rid herself of the human stench of this place. They had taken from her the one treasure she harbored… and now they would suffer dearly. When her hour came, Arthur and his High Court would be privy to the horror she would set upon this land. Her afflictions would only grow as the smoke rose and the cities burned, and after the smoldering ashes fell… they would witness the carnage done to one another by their own hands.

The wind rushed around her and filled her with desire. So long she had been forced to stay grounded, but now, she was free. With the wind came something that caught her attention. There was a scent upon it. Not just any scent, but that of a creature whom would threatened her claim upon this plain. It was draconic in scent, and too soon after she smelled it, she saw what she was looking for.

Below her was a creature in flight that she had never before seen. It could fly, it smelled of a competitor, and it was in her domain. Teeth grit together as her lip curled in a vicious growl. Instantly, she picked up speed and began her decent upon this smaller creature. SHe would kill ANY who threatened her territory.

It happened quickly. Though she was large in size, the dragon was cloaked by the night and fairly stealthy for such a beast. The impact was hard. Melusina's claws aggressively curled around the creature as she drove it to the ground. She could kill it on impact to the ground, but would wait, after all, she'd never seen anything that could effectively challenge her before. This was new.

As they approached the ground, Melusina slammed her prey to the forest floor and landed not far from Andrea. Breathing deeply, she fueled her fire and then unleashed the flames in a semi-circle around herself so that they might have a little light. As the flames burned bright in the darkness, Melusina stepped from it's shadows to reveal herself to the one who she'd just thrown from the skies.

Dropping her head so that she was domineering, the dragon curled her lip back and growled through her teeth, "Who DARES challenge me to this claim?" Reptillian eyes locked on the equine being in front of her as she awaited an answer.

♥ spenny

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Alexandrea Morana
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 11:43 PM
I don't understand why people think immortals are wise. If I had all the time in the world to grow up I wouldn't.
Calladahn
Fae/Skinwalker

Andrea had crashed many times. She’d tripped on air (literally) and fallen many times when she was learning how to fly. She’d crashed into mountains, buildings, trees, and hit the ground. She’d even just toppled from the sky due to an injury or extreme fatigue. However, she’d never been thrown out of the sky before. It was like an invisible hand had suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders and hurled her to the ground. Except it wasn’t invisible, she could feel the talons sinking into her flesh. It couldn’t quite wrap all the way around her, but whatever it was, it was massive. Because of this, her first thoughts were how she’d missed such a monstrous thing bearing down on her. She usually had very keen hearing and an excellent sense of smell…so why hadn’t she noticed the change? Or perhaps it wasn’t her fault…perhaps it was this thing that had knocked her out of the sky.

There wasn’t much time to attempt to soften the blow, or defend herself. Perhaps if she’d been more prepared she might have been able to transform and slip through the creature’s claws, but she was so alarmed that going back to humanoid form would be nearly impossible, even if she’d been thinking about it in the first place. Closing her eyes, she crashed into the forest floor, and while every inch of her exploded in pain, by some miracle she didn’t hear anything break…which was generally a good sign. Letting herself roll twenty feet or so to minimize the damage, she tucked her wings out of the way to avoid damage, and as soon as she came to rest, began to struggle to her feet. Disoriented and a bit dazed by the impact, she stood with legs splayed for a moment, trying to process what had just happened. Her sides heaved with each intake of breath, but she couldn’t just stand there. She had to act, she had to plan her next move. Shaking herself out of her shock, she stepped forward, righting her stance and looked up just as a growl nearly shattered her eardrums.

Teeth bared, claws digging into the ground, she turned in the direction of the demanding voice and opened her mouth to spit something back when at last, she caught sight of her attacker. The words died on her lips, and she stood, rooted to the spot for a moment. The thing was unlike any creature she’d seen before, save one. Her mouth suddenly went dry, her vision blurry for a brief second. It was a good thing her attacker was waiting on an answer, because if it had been any less patient it probably would have just killed her. Several long seconds passed before Andrea could even find her voice. “I…” She said, her voice thready and weak. It was a dragon. It had to be. It resembled her father but it was bigger, and much scarier looking than he had ever been. Her father had looked like an ailing lizard that had grown too fast in too short of a time with a pair of ill fitted bat wings sticking from its shoulders in comparison to the beast that stood before her. It’s head was the size of a medium sized pony, and it’s body was roughly as large as three or four of Andrea’s du cythraul form.

Dropping all aggression, Andrea raised her head and took a moment to process the accusation. “Wait…you’re a dragon.” She said stupidly. No, that wasn’t what she’d meant to say. Shaking herself mentally, she pushed through the fear and managed to access what remained of her normal self after being smacked down by a creature she’d though to be long extinct. “I mean, you think I’d challenge you? For the love of the gods, look at you! I’m not challenging you, I’m just flying! In the dark! I didn’t know this was your territory, I’m amazed you even noticed me, I can’t imagine you’d see me as a credible threat.” She paused, thinking this over for a moment and then frowned thoughtfully. “Though I must say…I’m flattered.” This was not the sort of talk that was going to keep her alive, but she hoped that the beast was more curious than it was angry. Though if it went for her, she could probably rely on her speed to keep her alive. At least…she hoped. She really wasn’t here for a fight, and she hoped that her announcing aloud that she was no match for this creature might get it to see that. Perhaps it was a reasonable creature. Was that wishful thinking? Probably. But Andrea was willing to take the chance.
PM
^
The Boogeyman
 Posted: May 7 2017, 10:03 PM
I am Fire, I am Fear.
Allutheria
Dragon

tag: Niece
I am fire, I am fear, I am destruction, I am death
DRAGON

" I…"

The dragon snorted. This was the answer she received. A stuttering, stammering response to such a delicate question. Her blackened lips curled back to reveal rows of jagged teeth. She lowered her head just a bit so that the creature in question might get a glimpse of the myth in the flesh before it died. The fire light flickered against the black scales and the darkness hid just how large the beast was, but through it all… the little winged create got the point. " Wait…you're a dragon," A growl rose slowly from the monster's chest, slightly annoyed that it took this long to establish that. Of course she was a dragon, not any dragon, THE dragon.

As the du cythraul spoke, the dragon tilted her head to the left, inspecting the creature fully, and then to the right, examining her. The smell was unlike anything she had experienced, it was how she located the little monster in the first place. After Andrea spoke, the monster snorted her breath out, sending dust and dirt to rise from the ground like smoke. "I do not," she growled, rising higher now and to her feet, starting to slowly circle the smaller of them. "You would be a fool to attempt it, and would die before you tasted blood," circling, the dragon leaned inwards to inhale the creatures scent. She was too close for comfort, but if Andrea had any sense, she would not move.

"ALL of the Ga'Leah lands are mine and ALL the Allutherian skies," she growled, now nearing her full rotation, her body nearly completely encircled Andrea's own. "And in my lifetime, I have known two others like myself… one is Vengeance, my father, and the other… is his son. And you," her tone changed to a darker, more aggressive nature, "You are neither," the dragon allowed her wings to lift a little, making herself seem larger and dominate, "so tell me, creature… what do they call you? And where do you hail from. For I certainly have never seen the likes of your kind. If your answers suit me, you have nothing to fear..."

She narrowed her eyes a little and glared, "Do not deny you are afraid, for you reek of fear." She had half a mind to pom the smaller creature down with her claws, but instead, she waited, "How could you not? Do you know who I am, child? I am Fear and Terror. I am death." If she allowed this one to live, the little thing would have quite a story.

♥ spenny
PMEmail
^
Alexandrea Morana
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:14 AM
Calladahn
Fae/Skinwalker

Andrea tried to get a hold of her head. Of course, it was just her luck that she would run across a real live dragon. And it was in a bad mood to boot. As the creature narrowed its eyes, the du cythraul cringed internally, and despite herself, sized up her opponent. She was massive; at least five or six times her size, maybe more…it was difficult to see in the dark. She could have grasped Andrea in her talons and thrown her if she wanted to, granted, it might take two hands but the point was moot, there was absolutely no way in hell she could take this thing on in a fight. Her only chance was agility; she could outmaneuver the beast, probably with relative ease. She was a fast flyer, but the immensity of the beast would mean that in a straight line, she would be caught, and probably eaten. Which meant that if it came down to it, her best bet was to skitter around like a cockroach and pray that the thing got bored eventually. Which meant that if she could talk her way out of it, she would and that meant not mouthing off at it.

“Okay, well you said…” She paused. “Never mind.” She tensed as the beast leaned in closer to get a good whiff, and despite her situation Andrea felt her lips curl back over a few of her teeth, but no growl escaped. Holding her ground, she waited for it to back off, and once it did (though not nearly enough) she released the tension. No point getting worked up…that could very well make things worse. As it spoke up again, she had to struggle not to raise an eyebrow. Who the hell was this…dragon? More sharp words came to her tongue but she bit them back, and she had to wonder where the creature had been hiding all its life. Or her…it sounded roughly female but it was difficult to say. Didn’t she know there were a number of royal courts, topped off by a high court that had been known to take down monsters even bigger than this dragon? That didn’t mean Andrea was sure that the Pendragons could take this one on, but at the very least, she should have known better than to lay claim to everything. She happened to know that the Queen of Xehacora was extremely powerful and rather possessive. There were many powerful fae and all manner of creatures who could probably give this monster a run for its money.

Yet the du cythraul was none of those things, so Andrea decided not to point this out. As she continued to speak, Andrea frowned a bit, her insides churning but also curious. Only two? Well, that was more than Andrea thought was alive. As the creature expanded her wings, Andrea still did not move, nor flinch. Though she was afraid, she still had a measure of pride. However, at the dragon’s next question, Andrea blinked. Evidently, she was curious about her, and as much as Andrea hated talking about herself…she had a feeling that this beast would want exactly what she asked for, so she sighed. There was a chance that if she made a break for it that she could escape…but her own curiosity was also getting the better of her, and since for the moment the dragon seemed more interested in learning than squashing, Andrea decided to take her chances. “I am called a du cythraul, and the reason you have not seen more of my kind is because I am the only one. I am not a species of anything…” She paused. The question was going to follow, she might as well just be thorough. Besides, who was this thing going to tell about her? Obviously she wasn’t nearly important enough or threatening enough. “I am the creation of a madman. This form was once only equine, but my er…creator…well he had a bit of a dragon…thing.”

She didn’t know if that was a suitable enough answer, but it was as truthful as she could be. She was ready to dodge a swipe or a breath of fire if necessary…a moment later, she realized she’d forgotten part of the dragon’s question. “I am from Calladahn, in the foothills of the mountains, but I am a traveler. Everything but Allutheria and the open seas I call home.”

The afterthought comment irritated her. This creature was the most pretentious thing she’d ever come across. “I had no intention of denying my fear,” She sighed. “I am frightened, but that does not mean I am incapable of managing it. I do not know who you are, up until now I thought all the dragons were gone.” However, at the last comment she couldn’t help herself as more words slipped out. “Okay but Fear and Terror? Aren’t those sort of the same thing? That’s like saying 'I’m Darkness and Darker Darkness.' It seems a bit redundant…ruins the image a bit.” She groaned internally, and finally shuffled back a pace. Why couldn’t she keep her mouth shut? Yet the beast was so nauseatingly pretentious…though anything that size which called itself death probably wasn’t doing it without something to back it up with. Well...if today was her day to die then so be it. At least it wasn’t going to be boring, and hopefully would be quick and painless.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

Affiliates
Resources & Directories

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.